Are there large negative consequences for having Jetpack on WP multisite or any self hosted site . .

Hey folks,

Are there large negative consequences for having Jetpack on WP multisite or single self hosted sites these days? Before, I heard of issues and also load tiem issues etc.

Can you let me know best practices for using Jetpack features and if it is advised at all?

Also, does Jetpack have "multisite" settings for anything in the network admin area?

Any practical pros and cons (on multisite or single self hosted sites)?

:slight_smile:

• Ash

Hello @Greg

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I am not aware of any negative consequences of using Jetpack in multisite or single site. I am using jetpack in all of my sites. But, yes sometimes it slows the site down when you have lots of plugins. Caching plugin helps a lot in this case.

Also, does Jetpack have "multisite" settings for anything in the network admin area?

Will you please elaborate this question? :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Greg

@Ashok

On that other question regarding network admin, I just came across this and the first paragraph answered that one: https://jetpack.me/tag/multisite/ (fyi).

But, over the last year or so has Jetpack gotten better on reducing the impact of slowing down both multisites and singles? And, are they constantly working hard to lessen this impact to where it may become quite negligible? The reason is that I am a little hesitate to become too dependent on Jetpack if there is a lot of speed issues and especially because it offer some many different "modules" to activate on different subsites or single installs. Over time, with more and more dependency on different modules Jetpack overs and activating more and more, I am concerned a little with potentially significantly impacting page loading speeds etc. Then, I think it would be a headache to revert and figure out what is needed vs. not needed later.

So, I am just wanting to be sure of what I am potentially getting into (primarily because of the vast modules that can be activated and also quickly becoming dependent on a lot of them).

I guess another question would be, "are there particular modules in Jetpack from your and your colleagues may tend to steer clear of because of whatever reason (significant page load issues, conflicts with other plugins, or whatever)? In other words, are there some modules in Jetpack to be cautious of (if so which ones and why if you have time to briefly mention)?

I think it is a subject others could benefit from too . . .

:slight_smile:

• Ash

Hi there

I was checking with my colleague Kasia and found some issues that could happen:
    1) Gallery from Jetpack have tendency to not work.
    2) Can conflict with the Woo and Divi theme
    3) Autoposting to social media can stop working
    4) one about bots attacking the /wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/wpgroho.js (didn't get enough information about it though).

I am also looking for other members who can share their experience on this.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.