Are these plugins/themes available or can you recommend anything?

Now that I have been a member for a few weeks I have made a list of plugins I can't find and there are so many on here that maybe I am not using the right search term. Anyway, I was wondering if any of these were available (or if you could recommend any)

Plugins

A plugin that will let members upload photos from their android phone/iphone straight to their blog

Affiliate program so members can promote the multisite

email address plugin so each member can have a dedicated email address based on my domain without me having to physically go in and set one up. Or if they map a domain is there a way to get an email address set up based on their domain name?

article directory - i was sure there would be a plugin to start one and I know there are some wordpress ones available I thought I would ask if there is a wpmudev one available

Themes
If someone starts a business directory which theme would you recommend is the best one to use? Is there one specifically for the directory

thanks

• Mason

Hiya Diane,

Sometimes the perfect plugin is hard to find! Let's see what we can help with.

A plugin that will let members upload photos from their android phone/iphone straight to their blog.

As of now, this isn't possible for iOS. Safari doesn't allow for photos to be uploaded from the camera - so you have to use an actual iOS web app. I believe the WordPress app does all for this though. For Android users, you may be able to use something like BuddyPress Mobile - although that plugin is no longer being developed: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-mobile/

Affiliate program so members can promote the multisite

We got ya covered there: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate

email address plugin so each member can have a dedicated email address based on my domain without me having to physically go in and set one up. Or if they map a domain is there a way to get an email address set up based on their domain name

This is more of a task for your server. If you're on shared hosting it's not gonna be possible without manual intervention each time. Here's one example of a script that will create the necessary email account for you using cPanel:
    http://www.zubrag.com/scripts/cpanel-create-email-account.php

article directory - i was sure there would be a plugin to start one and I know there are some wordpress ones available I thought I would ask if there is a wpmudev one available

I'm not sure what you mean by article directory? If you can describe what you're looking for I'd be happy to make a recommendation.

If someone starts a business directory which theme would you recommend is the best one to use? Is there one specifically for the directory

I actually really like the default theme that comes with the Directory Plugin here at WPMU DEV. It's really effective at displaying the information and gives you plenty of options for configuration. We have a new version of the plugin and theme that we're hoping to release in the next week. So stay tuned for that!

• Diane

Brilliant - they all helped. Will look into the email set up and see how much extra 'work' it will be, maybe I can make it an optional extra and charge.

Article directory - ezinearticles.com is an example

I didn't see the theme inside the plugin folder - Uploaded the whole thing - better go delete that and start again and follow the instructions this time!

Appreciate your help
    Diane

• georgef

Hey Diane, good to see you here! :slight_smile:

Not sure how up to date they are, but I've seen about 2 plugins that do the article directory feature (just google 'wordpress article directory plugin')

Depending on what you want to do, gravityforms plugin has a great feature that you can setup a form on a standard page where members can ad a post with tags, excerpt, title, content, category etc into your blogs drafts for review.

• Diane

Thanks George
    I noticed your MLM Beat site as being featured on here. :slight_smile:
    I knew there were plugins I just wasn't sure if there were WPMU Dev plugins specifically that was all. There is so much great choice on here.
    I am quite excited about running my own site now, managing Blog Success didn't leave me time to focus on anything of my own and now I am not part of that I suddenly find myself with plenty of extra time :0)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.