Are we able to use 3rd party premium themes?

Hi again :slight_smile:

A) I was wondering if it's ok to use 3rd party themes? If yes how do I check that the themes will work with the plugins?

B) I've set up a multisite, but how do I make it so that various plugins go with only some sections/sites?

Thanks in advance
Linda

• Luís

Hi Linda ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Regarding to your questions

A) If I understood well you question, when you buy a premium theme (like in ThemeForest) you are buying a single license for one installation. So, in Multisite environment, you are only making one installation, so, from what I understand, there is no problem (unless there is something explicit in the theme use terms).

Generally, in the theme description, there is some references about the plugins compatibility, however, before buy it, we don't have a way to test if it will work with all the plugins already installed.

B) Well, there are some ways to do this, as an example:

B.1) If you are using or planning to use our Pro Sites plugin, it have a module to manage the Plugins (Premium Plugins) that you can define a minimum level to access to the plugin;

B.2) You can use Multisite Plugin Manager, a plugin developed by our CTO before joined WPMU DEV, that allows you to assign special plugin access permissions for specific sites in your network, which plugins are auto-activate, etc..:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-plugin-manager/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.