Are we allowed to re-brand the WPMU DEV plugins?

Hi all,

Just wondered are we allowed to re-brand the plugins that are offered here?

If we are, does the copyright notice need to stay (I'm presuming yes, but thought I'd may as well ask :wink: )

Thanks!

Kind Regards
Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• Jack Kitterhing

Thank you for the quick reply Kimberly, sorry in my slow reply :slight_smile:

Hmm, See I'm developing a platform with the new appointments plugin, basically it's going to have a customized WP admin.
    But I still need the users to be able to access the plugins page.

Do you know of/have any suggestions of how I can hide the plugin info or change it (apart from the description) without breaking the License or the copyright.

I was hoping we was allowed to re-brand (as long as it wasn't being re-sold as a plugin), but I understand that we can't.

Kimberly, on the WPMU DEV homepage when your not signed in, one of the F.A.Q's at the bottom is

And is everything white label?
    Yes, you can hide the WPMU DEV dashboard, rebrand our plugins, use the themes however you want and pass the videos off as your own, it's too easy. We even provide a branding plugin that allows you to completely white label WordPress.

So this is saying you can rebrand?

I don't mean for that to sound rude in anyway, and I apologize in advance if it does, but I was just wondering why that's on the home page, when we aren't allowed to brand?

Thank you.

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Everything frontend, logos, links, references, they can all be rebranded as you please. It's that which is branding as it's that end users and site owners will see.

Any copyrights within the code, the stuff end users never see unless they look at the code (which they shouldn't have a reason too), that under the GPL must not be changed as they are credits to the authors rather than branding.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.