Are you working on a booking plugin for Hotel or Car rentals?

Hi all,
Are you working on a booking plugin for Hotel or Car Rentals?
Indeed I am trying to "adapt" your Appointments+ plugin to my activity however it looks like it will not work out as I need something that is more adapted to car rentals.
Thanks & regards
Renaud

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Renaud,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

We're not planning to release any new booking plugin in the nearest future, instead we're constantly improving existing ones: Appointments+ and Events+.

As for using any of them for "car/hotel" rentals website.

Would you mind sharing some more details on how would you like the site to work? What would be the desired workflow? An example case scenario would be also great. I hope I could then suggest some configuration tips perhaps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Renaud

Hi Adam,
    The idea is to have a number of different cars, let's say 20.
    Each car can be booked on a daily basis. Customers can book the car for 1 day (minimum) or 5 day or more.
    Each car has a different base price per day. Depending on the season (winter/summer) the price changes. Also over the week-end the price changes from weekday.
    In addition I would like my customers to reserve the cars and pay using their myCred points as they are all members on my site.
    Does this help?
    BR
    Renaud

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Renaud,

Thanks for this explanation!

I think this could be done with Appointments+ in most part, however I admit the configuration would be a bit "tricky". What I'd give a try would be as follows:

1. create a separate service for each car
    - set a duration for one day
    - set a price for each service as a minimum possible price (let's say weekday summer is the lowest price)

2. Create service providers, e.g:
    - weekday on summer (no additional price)
    - weekend on summer (additional charge for service provider: $10)
    - weekday on winter (additional charge for service provider: $20)
    - weekend on winter (additional charge for service provider: $30)

3. Set "Working Hours" accordingly for all service providers: this would be pretty much the same for all and will define availability of your cars; the difference is that for "summer" and "winter" weekday provider you'd want to make only Mon-Fri available and for weekend providers only Sat-Sun available;

4. Set "Exceptions" for Service Providers: for summer this would be "winter" period and for winter this would be "summer" period

5. Assign every service to each provider (providers can run multiple services)

6. Install MarketPress and enable Appointments+ "Appointments in product cart" add-on so customers would be able to book multiple services (days) at one time.

This should give a base for such setup. Please consider this just an idea though that you may want to extensively test first (I must admit that I've never ever rented a car in my entire life so I'm not quite sure about specifics of this business).

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.