Array to string conversion for CustomPress when upgrading to Jetpack 3.8

Dear Support,

I upgraded to the latest version of Jetpack today (v3.8.0).

There was a message as part of the upgrade process - "Notice: Array to string conversion in ........./plugins/custompress/core/core.php on line 81.

Is this something I should be worried about? I would like to start using CustomPress a lot more but would be apprehensive if general plugin upgrades will start to prove problematic.

Thanks in advance,
Will

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Will

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

This is just an error but not any error or warning. Notices are useful for developers but not harmful for the project, so you need not to worry about. I am passing the message to the developer though, but you can disable debug mode to hide notices.

To disable debug mode please edit a line in your wp-config.php:
    Change

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

to

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Elliot Charles
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Ash,

Thanks very much for the advice.

Debug is not activated on the application.

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', false);

I also forgot to add the screenshot I took so I have attached it now for completeness.

All good wishes,
    Will

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

Thanks for the screenshot and details information. If you have disabled wp_debug thennotice should not be shown. Maybe, your server is configured differently. But anyway, I have already sent a note to the developer, and I believe he will check the issue and will fix it :slight_smile:

Thanks again for reporting.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.