article about this plugin. Do we still use it?

I see a very bud article about this plugin.
It is true?
http://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/resources/best-wordpress-image-optimization-plugins

thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nicolas,
    I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I understand that you're referring to the part that's about our WP Smush plugin. That's for sure not a neutral test in my personal opinion. You may have noticed that although they mentioned that WP Smush Pro allows lossy optiomization, they used WP Smush and compared its lossless optimization results with lossy optimization results of other plugins. They gave quite a nice description of plugin's features but I think that's all.

You're the member of WPMU DEV community so why not giving it a try yourself? Make sure that you're trying a WP Smush Pro and I think you'll be pleased with results :slight_smile:

If you have any further or more specific questions on this, let me know.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Nicolas!

Out of those plugins reviewed there I personally tried three of them: EWWW, WP Smush and WP Smush Pro. The first one is efficient but was quite troublesome for me, especially its server requirements. WP Smush is great if you do not need to handle many huge images, so it's a good choice for a lot of sites where the text content plays the most important role. WP Smush Pro handles big images and big amounts of images well and - that's my personal, private opinion - I'll stick to it if I'll ever need that kind of plugin again.

What's equally important from my point of view: I know that even if anything went wrong with it on your site (I don't believe it did but there's always a chance that some 3rd party plugin or a specific server configuration will cause unexpected conflict) I'm able to provide you with a full support for it. Including developer's intervention if necessary.

Have a nice day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.