As I add bp-social widgets they are not draggable anymore, and when I remove them they disappear

Hello! I´m Donald (donmcint)

The only way of removing bp-social widgets from any sidebar is to open the widget and click "remove" on the bottom left of the widget. They become non-drag when you drag them into a sidebar and then disappear when they are removed. They are not found in the active or non-active widgets boxes.

Can you help restore the widgets and for them to be fully draggable??

Thank you!

Donald.

• DavidM

I have a local install over here and I wasn't able to replicate that so I was wondering if it was some particular configuration of the widgets that might produce that effect.

What's more often the case though is a plugin conflict of some sort. Do you have other plugins currently active on this site? Could you try disabling them to see if there might be a conflict as such?

Also, just to verify, are you using the latest version of the theme, version 1.2.2?
    And are you using WordPress 3.1?
    And a last question, are you using BuddyPress and if so, which version?

Thanks,
    David

• Donald McIntyre

Hi DavidM!

I have WP 3.1, BuddyPress Social Theme 1.2.2, BuddyPress 1.2.8.

- The Plugins I have on the siteadmin level are:
    - Blog in Blog Version 1.0.5
    - Private BuddyPress Version 1.0.4
    - Theme Test Drive Version 2.8.1
    - VideoWhisper Video Conference Version 3.1
    - WordPress-to-Lead for Salesforce CRM Version 1.0.5

On a network wide level:

- AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget Version 2.0.4
    - Blogs Directory Version 1.1.2
    - Breadcrumb NavXT Version 3.8.1
    - BuddyPress Version 1.2.8
    - Chat Version 1.0.3
    - Directory Version 1.0.7
    - Global Site Search Version 1.0.4
    - Global Site Tags Version 2.0.1
    - Global Site Tags Widget Version 2.0.1
    - MarketPress Version 1.2.2
    - Members Directory Version 1.0.7
    - Post Indexer Version 2.0
    - Recent Posts Widget
    - Version 2.0
    - WP-PageNavi Version 2.74
    - WPMU DEV Update Notifications Version 2.0.2

Not all of them work when activated though, maybe it´s the theme "Social Theme" or maybe its the plugins, but Global Site Search doesn´t work, Member Directory and Blogs Directory don´t work. And Global Recent Posts doesn´t work....it´s frustrating that when I read the descriptions here at WPMUDEV they seem like a glorious global networkwide multisite solution and then they don´t even work!!

I´m sorry, but I paid like $400 to have all these promised themes and plugins, but they don´t deliver...

Maybe it´s me that doesn´t know how to activate them....or work with them. I will also need some WPMUDEV development to make the social theme and the network work as I envision it, but I need to fix and activate the promised products first!

Thx DavidM and sorry for my frustration...

donmcint

• DavidM

Hi donmcint,

I can understand your frustration and I hope you'll bear with us here on the site as we try and get to the root of the issue. Since the test site I'm using with the Social theme doesn't exhibit that same behavior with the widgets being immobile, my first thought is that you've got a plugin running that's conflicting with the theme's widgets.

To that effect, if you could possibly deactivate all the other local plugins on this particular site just for a moment, to see if the widgets work properly with them off, it would rule out a conflict with those local plugins. From the looks of it, that would be my best guess as to what's going on.

Could you give that a try and let me know how that goes?

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.