Ask for username and blog url at signup with Pro Sites

Hi all, I’ new here and I’m testing Pro Sites to make a blog network. So I want to know if it’s possible to ask for user name and blog url at signup time like in edublog (http://edublogs.org/signup/) and how can I do it.

Best Regards.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @cegomez,

Well, the edublogs signup page is actually a completely custom page. On signup users will of course be asked for the blog information – it just happens in multiple steps. If you need this to all happen at once, you’ll need to create a custom signup form.

This can be done by modifying wp-signup.php (or copying it to a new few and working from there)

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards, Alexander Rohmann

• cegomez
    • Flash Drive

Hi @alexander Rohmann, thanks for the response.

I think it’s not a good idea modify a core file at all. I’m thinking in a plugin like ‘Set Password’.

I’ll try to search the wordpress codex and read the ‘Set Password’ code to try to code a plugin for this.

Best,

César

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hey César,

What’s nice about the wp-signup.php file, is that you can use that code in another plugin, or simply duplicate the file.

One more thing you could do is checkout how our Membership plugin does this. It adds a custom registration form, so you could checkout that code to see what hooks and functions are used.

Best regards, Alexander Rohmann

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.