Assessments not working? & Forums BBpres and such

Hi,

1) I have setup a live system were students can upload a file (pdf or docs) etc. This is a recurring process for updating a process book for instance. But now I have a module where you can upload 2 files independently and this part does not show up in the assessments tab underneath the CP pro menu. As the rest does. The course setup for the course module is exactly the same.
I can however find the workgoup products via the students workbook where I can trace the uploaded product. But the assessment link would be nice to have a overview of the most current products delivered online.

2) What about the integration with Buddypress and BBpres?? Should I install both (in combination with Members 2 pro?). As in this I would like that this is integrated in the menu outside of the CP system. Want to view the newest replies/questions...
Now I have to dive into CP > forum > topic > and check the sections one by one...

Any clue??

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Valentijn,

Hope you're doing well today

Would you mind allowing support access to your site, I would like to check your settings and have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

2) What about the integration with Buddypress and BBpres?? Should I install both (in combination with Members 2 pro?). As in this I would like that this is integrated in the menu outside of the CP system. Want to view the newest replies/questions...
    Now I have to dive into CP > forum > topic > and check the sections one by one...

I'm not sure that I understand this question completely, could you please elaborate it a bit more?
    Are you looking to have CP responses inside your BP activity?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Valentijn L

Hi

I granted access to the site also put some remarks in there :

copy :

"Hi issue with :
    - I want to monitor all forum activities from CP, have to click on the specific subforum but is there a general overall option to monitor question quickly? Like the general FORUM options at the left??
    As you stated "Are you looking to have CP responses inside your BP activity?" > would be nice as I would like to a a hourly check on new responses... A sorted list based on newest would be best and quick!

- I can't see all the delivered documents part of CP modules... If I look intro the Students workbook I can download. But in the assessment menu link (CP section) at the left underneath CP I can't see the latest handen-in products in a list form as a list of activities which I can check on a daily basis. The products are delivered normally online but can't see the products for e.g. Course starting with "2. Opdracht 1& 2..." in the list."

Kind regards Valentijn Langendorff

Mvg.

• Valentijn L

Hi

- I deactivated my cache system and AIO, and Buddypress...
    - kept Buddypress (need this for forum and info tabs and Member pro combo?)
    - had to re setup a course in order to stick again in the assessments... (now it works ok). With the assessments I mean the I have a overview of all the assessments in one list...
    Which I can see now...

So maybe the caching disturbs the system but think NOT as re-updating a course did not do the trick... Maybe reshuffeling the courses (drag and drop sorting) did do some harm??
    Dit not work with the existing course. A new course did work out nicely... I could see directly new uploaded matter...

Still my problem atm is an overview of all responses of people in all the forums (discussion)....
    So now I have to walk though all forums as a test person in order to reply to involved students and thats very annoying...

Any suggestions on this?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Valentijn,

CoursePress and Membership 2 don't require BuddyPress or bbPress plugins, both of those are independent plugins that don't require any other plugin to work.

Currently there's no overview of course discussion and there's no way of integrating it with BP or bbPress without some custom coding.

I will move this thread to our features and feedback section so our developers can consider improving this is future versions.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Valentijn L

Hi Predrag,

Ok thanks for sharing.
    Some questions :
    - Members pro offers integration with BBpress not? I enabled this and when disabling this plugin BBpres the tab of Discussions and such are gone in a course (students Discussion/forum tab).
    So there is a link MBpro>CP>BBpress....

Also a similar option like Assessments with hilighting only new comments in (sub)forums would be nice and effective. Now I have to decide to disable this function and integrate this outside of the CP system...

Still open : any clue on the reason that a course cant be updated in order to see the assessments deliverables in ASSESSMENTS menu from the CP> menu? My course works ok but my assignment "2. Opdracht.." can't be see in the Assessments overview... New ones work though...

Valentijn

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Valentijn,

Some questions :
    - Members pro offers integration with BBpress not? I enabled this and when disabling this plugin BBpres the tab of Discussions and such are gone in a course (students Discussion/forum tab).
    So there is a link MBpro>CP>BBpress....

I'm not sure that I understand this part completely, M2 does offer bbPress integration, however it's not required.
    You can enable bbPress add-on that will allow you to protect bbPress content, however this shouldn't be affecting CP discussion.
    I tested this on my end and nothing I tried between bbPress, M2 and CP returned similar results, could you provide me with some additional steps I could follow to see this issue?

Also a similar option like Assessments with hilighting only new comments in (sub)forums would be nice and effective. Now I have to decide to disable this function and integrate this outside of the CP system...

We are looking in improving discussion system so hopefully something like this will get included as well.

Still open : any clue on the reason that a course cant be updated in order to see the assessments deliverables in ASSESSMENTS menu from the CP> menu? My course works ok but my assignment "2. Opdracht.." can't be see in the Assessments overview... New ones work though...

Course will show up there after one of the student submits one of assessable answers, it could be that your security plugin or some other plugin that block certain things on your site, like right click blocker you're using.

Can you try disabling such plugins and try submitting files for that course again?

Best regards,
    Predrag