Assign users to support tickets.

Currently only Administrators can be assigned to support ticket categories.

I've used "members" plugin to create some custom user roles, where I can have "Managers" setup.

I need to know either:
1. What capability I need to add to these users capabilities, so I can assign ticket categories to them,
OR...
2. Where (what PHP file, and line) do I edit the required "user_capability" in order to allow more users to show in the dropdown.

I'm very familiar with PHP, plugins, PHP classes. So if you point me in the right direction I can figure it out.

I just wanted to see if there was a way to do it without over-writing the plugin and preventing me from updating the plugin later.

Thanks,
Mark.

• Ash

Hello there

I got something for you. Let me know if it works for you.

1. I have created a new role using member plugin - Support
    2. In edit role mode, I created a new capability - wp_support_role and assigned it to support role.
    3. In edit mode, edit administration and assign wp_support_role capability on that role.
    3. Created an user "support" and assigned support role to that user.

Now we need to dive into code:

Folder: wp-content/plugins/inscub-support/inscub-support.php line no 302 you will see an 'else' statement. Just before the 'else' statement add following code using 'elseif':

elseif ( current_user_can( 'wp_support_role' ) ) {
    					self::$network_main_menu = new MU_Support_Network_Main_Menu( false, 'wp_support_role' );
    					self::$network_single_ticket_menu = new MU_Support_Network_Single_Ticket_Menu( false, false, 'wp_support_role' );
    					self::$network_ticket_categories = new MU_Support_Network_Ticket_Categories( false, 'manage_options' );
    					self::$network_single_faq_question_menu = new MU_Support_Network_Single_FAQ_Question_Menu( false, 'wp_support_role' );
    					self::$network_faq_manager_menu = new MU_Support_Network_FAQ_Manager_Menu( false, 'wp_support_role' );
    					self::$network_faq_categories_menu = new MU_Support_Network_FAQ_Categories( false, 'manage_options' );
    					self::$network_support_settings_menu = new MU_Support_Network_Support_settings( false, 'manage_options' );
    				}

Here, I kept hidden Ticket Categories, FAQ Categories and Settings for the 'Support' user. Change according to your needs.

N.B.: Remember that, if you update your plugin your changes will be lost. So, it's worth to note down these changes and apply them after upgrading again.

Check the screenshots.

I am also letting the developer know, if he could come up with a better and more perfect solution.

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.