Assigning a score to each question/answer

Hi - I hope you are all well,

I wanted to check if there is a shortcode or other suitable solution to assign a score to a question/answer to multi choice/single choice.

e.g. Lets say for each question there are a number of options to choose from and depending on the option selected a different score is assigned.

Qu1 - option (a) has a score of 6; option (b) has a score of 5 etc

Then if option (b) is sleected the candidate would be given a score of 5.
This is not visible to them until they are presented with the report at the end of the test/set of questions.

I would then need to be able to keep track of the score for each question so it can be included in the report.

Regards
SteveB

Bojan Radonic

Hey there SteveB, hope you're well today!

Unfortunately this is not possible out of a box with the current version of the plugin. The way multiple choice works is assigning percentage to correct answer based on the number of correct answers. For example if you have 5 answers from which 4 are correct, each correct answer will get 25%.

Since this is very interesting idea I'll make a featured request so it will be considered to be added to the future versions of the plugin.

Best regards,
    Bojan

pxwm

Hi @Bojan Radonic

Many thanks for the prompt response, and for submitting as a feature request.
    Could you also consider including the following in the feature request:-

a) Multi choice and Single choice option: Ability to assign a score for each question, similar to an exam paper. Therefore an exam paper with say have 10 questions with a total score of 100 with question 1 scoring a maximum of 20, question 2 a score of 10, question 3 a score of 15 etc
    b) Based on the above the question would need a weighting factor based on the assigned score.

e.g. If question 1 has 5 choices
    choice 1 - score 20
    choice 2 - score 15
    choice 3 - score 10
    choice 4 - score 5
    choice 5 - score 0

Therefore the maximum score would be 20 and the lowest 0
    Therefore the % score for the question could be 100% (20/20), 75% (15/20), 50% (10/20), 25% (5/20) etc
    There may also need to be a function that allows you to indicate the maximum score for all the questions to enable correct reporting to be made.

Also based on my original question are there any hooks we could use to say capture the questions and choices as we may be able to use this data to assign scores for each choice?

Regards
    SteveB

pxwm

Hi @Bojan Radonic

Many thanks for offering to forward to the developer and I appreciate these feature requests can take time to implement if they are accepted.

Therefore in the meantime I would appreciate if you could confirm the following:-

1) Are there any hooks we could use to say capture the questions and choices as we may be able to use this data to assign scores for each choice?

Regards
    SteveB