Assistance required for home page template

Hi,

I would like some assistance to adjust my home page template please. I am using MarketPress with GridMarket Child Theme and I am also using a plugin called Profit Builder, which allows me to build a custom page or post template, without interfering with the main Theme etc.

I did initially have my home page at 1200px wide, which was the original template setting but seem to have got a smaller home page after several plugin updates were carried out.

You can see where the issue is at when you see an overlap at the top of the home page, immediately to the right of the video, where the bullet text area overlaps the video.

I would also like my header to extend across the page, site wide and not sure how to restore this, as it was done originally by a WPMUDEV support member to begin with!

In addition, I have an mp3 plugin called mb.MiniAudioPlayer installed, which is a great little lite player that was working fine until recently. I believe there may be some conflict going on and would like to disable any other mp3 player that is stopping mb.MiniAudioPlayer from working properly.

I have enabled support access for this and would appreciate any help with the above issues and welcome any related comments or observations that might be encountered regarding the above.

Not sure if I should have posted each issue as a separate request or not but please advise!

Much Appreciated

James

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi there, James! Let’s try to tackle your issues one by one.

did initially have my home page at 1200px wide, which was the original template setting but seem to have got a smaller home page after several plugin updates were carried out.

It looks as though Profit Builder has set some restrictions on your content there, this custom CSS should over-ride those settings.

#container {
    width: 1200px;
    }

#content-fullwidth {
    width: 100%;
    }

Simply add this to a custom CSS plugin, like this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

I would also like my header to extend across the page, site wide and not sure how to restore this, as it was done originally by a WPMUDEV support member to begin with!

I read through all your previous threads, but I was unable to find where a staff member gave you this fix previously. Are you wanting to stretch the header image to adjust to screen size?

In addition, I have an mp3 plugin called mb.MiniAudioPlayer installed, which is a great little lite player that was working fine until recently. I believe there may be some conflict going on and would like to disable any other mp3 player that is stopping mb.MiniAudioPlayer from working properly.

I don’t see any other mp3 players installed in your plugins menu. Do you recall installing a different one that you haven’t removed previously?

Thanks, James!

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the reply to my support requests. I only wish to have the home page and perhaps some additional pages I might add from time to time at the 1200px setting, to accommodate the Profit Builder Templates I might use. I did try their Theme but abandoned it after too many bugs and tech issues with it.

As they integrated WooCommerce with their Theme, it has led to my original settings and plugins causing the current issues when reverting back to MP Theme.

I did have Custon CSS plugin installed beforehand and will now re-install and try the css you have suggested for 1200px on the home page, so thank you for that. Will this css for 1200px wide be just for new pages that I add or will it affect my store pages site-wide also?

With regards to the header, yes!..I would like it stretched across the full width of the page, like Grid Market does. It was Ash who did it for me previously but I was unsure if he had stretched it across the page or blended the header color to match somehow!

Regarding MiniAudioPlayer, when I try to add to a page, I end up getting a default player which looks quite ugly and old fashioned. When I got in touch with Profit Builder regarding this, they said I could add any player I like using html. There is a setting in their template that allows this so I think that their theme probably defaults to a certain mp3 player, although I am a bit unsure at this point.

I think there is probably a conflict with their template but I can’t really figure this one out, as yet!

Thanks again Michelle and look forward to your comments. I was also having an issue with Uber Menu which I posted in a separate thread but I have since managed to figure that one out!..just in case you pick up on that one!

Many Thanks

James

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Michelle,

Just a quick update to let you know the css for 1200px wide page worked fine but it has widened site-wide. Can you tell me how to apply a css code that I can use on my home page only or how to apply it to a certain page please.

I don’t want to use it on any of my product pages but only on certain pages, including the home page.

Also, do you have any ideas regarding the header yet?..I would like to have it stretched across the full page, like Gridmarket does!

Thanks again for your help with the above!

James

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @james, I hope you’re well today!

the #container applies site-wide.

If you want to target your homepage only, you could try prefixing it with body.home so it should be body.home #container

Same thing goes for all other CSS you only want applied on your homepage.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Ari.

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ari,

Thanks for the fix, it worked fine and looks much better. While working on my site just now, I encountered an error code 502 Bad Gateway and I am currently unable to log back into my site.

I was just editing my Product Categories when this happened!..not sure why!

I am also unable to login to my members area to ask for support,…would you be able to assist with this issue also Ari?

Regards

James

• Ivan
    • HummingBird

Hey James,

Hope you are well today.

You might already noticed, but your site is up and running.

Error code 502 basically means that there is a problem with your server, not with your site directly.

If you still keep getting this errors, my advice will be to change the hosting company.

If want to change it, and not sure which one will be good for you, we have a review on our blog. I will leave you link here for future reference, just in case.

Hosting review – https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/web-hosting-review-so-just-who-is-the-best/

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks,

Ivan

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your reply to my post on error 502 Bad Gateway issue.

I never really gave it too much thought regarding my hosting account but now that you mention it, I have been having more regular issues like this over the last year or so.

I will give your review some consideration though because I think I am having speed issues here, amongst other things. I will certainly let you know how I get on but thanks again for the advise.

Regards

James

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.