Attach service to service provider

Hi again still struggling with this I really need to get it fixed . Help please...
I am trying to attach a service to a service provider . I select the provider tick the box select the service , then I go to save service provider and I get this message
* You must select at least one service, otherwise provider will not be saved!
No service providers defined

I am pretty sure my service providers are defined - but me being me who knows? Can you help please.
Thanks

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @eric,

That's strange, I have just logged into your site & tried setting up a service provider, it doesn't save.

Can you try deactivating all other plugins and see if it works then?

If it works with all other plugins deactivated, enable each plugin 1 by 1 and keep testing after you activate each plugin, once it stops working again, we will know which plugin (if any) is conflicting.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Can you send your details using the following contact form (select i have a different question from the dropdown.)

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Mark for attn: Vaughan
    Include a ref URL to this thread.

Please include site login details (super-admin if on multisite)
    Also include FTP login details so I can take a look at the theme files.
    Also could you include your servers CPanel credentials so I can take a look at the DB tables too.

Thanks

• Eric
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Re Ashoks reply I dont seem to have the wp_app_workers table in my phpMy Admin. I dont know much about the technical side I would really appreciate if someone could fix it up for me. I am supposed to show all at work how good the appointments+ plug in is on Monday and Im getting anxious. thanks in anticipation Eric

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Eric,

Thanks so much for working with me on this by email. And thanks for giving the okay with that database reset. It turns out, that wasn't actually needed since the plugin settings had already been set to default recently it seems.

However, I've just narrowed down the issue to a conflict with your theme. If you switch to a default theme like Twenty Fourteen, you'll see that the Service Providers can then be added to.

Since that's a hugely complex theme, it would be rather difficult to find where the source of the conflict actually is. But it's possible to use Twenty Fourteen to setup the Service Providers, and then switch back to your theme.

The settings will stay intact that way. Could you let us know how that might work for you?

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi there @Eric, it should work just fine actually. Themes store their settings in the database so it shouldn't be any problem switching between themes like that.

In fact, that's actually a key part of troubleshooting, switching to a default theme, then back to your normal theme.

Just let us know if you come across any issues with it though, we'll gladly take a look. :slight_smile:

Cheers!
    David

• Eric
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi again David

Had a quick go at saving the service providers. seems to save then when you go back all the service providers are under one name. I will have a more detailed look later (at work now) Can you keep an eye on this thread for a bit longer please until I have worked it out.
    One other thing when I switch to the default 2014 theme none of my site copies across - its just a blank canvas.
    Thanks Eric

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi there @Eric, no worries, we'll keep an eye on this topic. :slight_smile:

Regarding the blank canvas, I'm not sure I understand, do you mean that the site doesn't appear correctly with it?

Just to clarify, you wouldn't actually need to keep using 2014 theme. You would only need to use that while creating the Service Providers since that's the only page where your theme conflicts.

Once the Service Providers are entered there, you could easily switch back to your regular theme. It should work just fine from there.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.