Attempt to register for courses returns blank page

We received the following feedback from our customer.

Just signed up for a new course.
A few things I want to notice about your new site:
1. First attempt to create a new account has failed with no errors. Create account popup window just went blank ( Using Chrome )
2. I've payed for the course but Chrome shows that there is an insecure form on payment detail page.
3. Not sure what has happened after I've payed - dashboard doesn't show when the I can take the course.

I've tested and am met with the same errors. This happens after the last update.

• Nastia

Hello @Meagan, I hope you are well today!

I tested the first issue on my site and couldn't recreate the same issue. The popup window is shown on all browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) on my site and on your site.

Can you please, try this: go to course, edit it - change from paid to non-paid, save and then switch again to paid.

Let us know how it went!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Awaiting for your reply!

• Rupok

Hi Meagan

I hope you don't mind chimming me here.

I just tried to regenerate the issue on my test site, but I could signup on the first try. I just entered the details, then a little spinning wheel appears, then I was automatically redirected to the checkout page.

Then I went to your site and found your issue in action. First time when I entered details, the pop-up was blank and nothing happened. But when I tried for the second time, I was signed up and was taken to the checkout page.

As this is not happening in my test site (which is kind of in default configuration), this is not a plugin bug. Rather something in your site is causing this.

Can you please perform a plugin conflict test just to make sure any other plugin is not causing this? You can get more details from plugin conflict test from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Moreover, though you are using the native theme that comes with CoursePress Pro, still can you test this in default WordPress themes?

I'm looking forward to hear from you and solve your issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Sajid

Hi @Meagan,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am glad to know you have figured it out why its happening and thanks for bringing it to our attention.

However, I am unable to find a task and ticket on forum regarding this issue (perhaps did not used correct keywords). If you can post the link of thread here where its has been reported as bug then I could try to find the reason and give you workaround (if possible).

Look forward towards your response.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Meagan,

I've check that bug report and form what I see in change log it should be fixed - however we did some tests on your site and for me it worked for first time without the blank popup and for second time I was able to replicate this issue.
    So it looks like we are facing other problem here.
    Please enable debug mode in WordPress, hopefully it will show us more informations about this issue. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Meagan

[06-Jan-2016 02:26:02 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [06-Jan-2016 02:26:30 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [06-Jan-2016 10:15:47 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [06-Jan-2016 18:26:38 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [06-Jan-2016 20:11:20 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-includes/vars.php on line 31
    [06-Jan-2016 20:13:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-includes/vars.php on line 31
    [06-Jan-2016 20:13:54 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-includes/vars.php on line 31
    [06-Jan-2016 20:15:07 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-includes/vars.php on line 31
    [06-Jan-2016 20:16:13 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-includes/vars.php on line 31
    [06-Jan-2016 20:20:34 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-includes/vars.php on line 31
    [06-Jan-2016 22:38:47 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [07-Jan-2016 10:13:19 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [07-Jan-2016 14:22:03 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [07-Jan-2016 15:19:02 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-includes/vars.php on line 31
    [07-Jan-2016 20:32:11 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [07-Jan-2016 23:09:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [07-Jan-2016 23:38:34 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [08-Jan-2016 00:09:38 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [08-Jan-2016 00:09:40 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [08-Jan-2016 00:09:45 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [08-Jan-2016 00:10:28 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [08-Jan-2016 00:10:46 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [08-Jan-2016 00:10:47 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30
    [08-Jan-2016 00:10:47 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/walkie-talkie-0.1.3/admin/class-dashboard.php on line 30

• Rupok

Hi Meagan

I hope you had a wonderful day.

This is really weird. From your debug.log file, I see some PHP notices generated from "walkie-talkie-0.1.3" plugin but as you said "This appears to be a conflict with WooCommerce". I'm not sure if these two are related, but can you just check it once disabling the Walkie Talkie plugin?

If it doesn't solve your issue (honestly, I don't think it will), please let us know. I've already flagged our SLS (Second Level Support) team about your issue and I believe, they will come up with a fix very soon. And your test result might help them. I've also contacted our developer to have a look on this and I believe, he will give his valuable opinion on this shortly.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Meagan

Thanks a lot for confirming. As I said before, I've already flagged our SLS Team and personally contacted our developer regarding this. I'll request you to hold on for a little while until you get the response from our SLS team or Dev.

Please keep in mind, our developers and SLS members work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to work on this and give the solution.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Meagan,

Could you please send in the following via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ - because we are not able to replicate this on our test site I would like to access to your site to developers so they can check it on your site.

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

kind regards,
    Kasiae

• Meagan

It was not resolved. We turned on the debug feature so you could view the file. You should have all of the access you need. I've included the debug log for your review.

public_html/courses/wp-includes/vars.php on line 31
    [29-Apr-2016 02:10:06 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: str in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/blogvault-real-time-backup/bv_class.php on line 90
    [29-Apr-2016 02:10:58 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: insert_badge in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/blogvault-real-time-backup/admin.php on line 29
    [29-Apr-2016 02:11:02 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-includes/vars.php on line 31
    [29-Apr-2016 13:43:21 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-includes/vars.php on line 31
    [29-Apr-2016 14:10:53 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$plugin in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/worker/src/MMB/Updater.php on line 58
    [29-Apr-2016 14:57:41 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/averagef/public_html/courses/wp-includes/vars.php on line 31

• Jose

Hi Meagan,

I was working on your site and was able to reproduce the issue with the popup signup getting stuck after the first step. (it worked for the second attempt, this only affects the first attempt after cleaning cookies).

I just applied a fix directly in your install, so it should be working fine now. Make sure to clear browser cookies before testing.

The patch will be included in future releases of CP.

Please let us know if it works as expected for you now.

For the records, there is a problem on the custom nonce for non logged users that woocomerce is implementing. It conflicts with how the ajax form for CP is generated.
    The solustion is to use the default WP nonce for our ajax calls.

In case someone else is having the same issue, the fix consists in adding the following line in the file ../wp-content/plugins/coursepress/coursepress.php bellow line 1759.
    This:

if ( cp_use_woo() ) {
    	global $woocommerce;

Should look like this:

if ( cp_use_woo() ) {
    	global $woocommerce;
             remove_filter( 'nonce_user_logged_out', array( $woocommerce->session, 'nonce_user_logged_out' ) );

Hope this helps other members as well.

Cheers,
    José