Attempt to update Dev Dashboard fails

I have updated previous versions on several sites before with no problems. Thsi is showing up on all site now. Just tell me what to look at support or other access to sites is not available.

An error occurred while updating WPMU DEV Dashboard: The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions. includes, shared-ui, language, image, css, js, template, update-notifications.php, changelog.txt, .gitmodules, .gitignore, includes/class-wpmudev-dashboard-api.php, includes/class-wpmudev-dashboard-notice.php, includes/class-wpmudev-dashboard-site.php, includes/class-wpmudev-dashboard-ui.php, includes/class-wpmudev-dashboard-upgrader.php, shared-ui/contributors.txt, shared-ui/font, shared-ui/img, shared-ui/notice.css, shared-ui/notice.js, shared-ui/plugin-ui.php, shared-ui/README.md, shared-ui/wdev-ui.css, shared-ui/wdev-ui.js, language/wpmudev-default.pot, image/devman.svg, image/support.png, css/dashboard.css, js/modules.js, template/dashboard.php, template/element-last-refresh.php, template/element-project-info.php, template/login.php, template/no_access.php, template/plugins.php, template/popup-after-install-failed.php, template/popup-after-install-upfront.php, template/popup-after-install.php, template/popup-ftp-details.php, template/popup-no-access.php, template/popup-no-data-found.php, template/popup-project-changelog.php, template/popup-project-info.php, template/popup-update-info.php, template/popup-wordpress-changelog.php, template/settings.php, template/support-demo.php, template/support-system.php, template/support.php, template/themes.php, shared-ui/font/fontawesome-webfont.eot, shared-ui/font/fontawesome-webfont.svg, shared-ui/font/fontawesome-webfont.svgz, shared-ui/font/fontawesome-webfont.ttf, shared-ui/font/fontawesome-webfont.woff, shared-ui/font/WPMU DEV Dashboard.json, shared-ui/font/WPMU-DEV-App-Icons.eot, shared-ui/font/WPMU-DEV-App-Icons.svg, shared-ui/font/WPMU-DEV-App-Icons.ttf, shared-ui/font/WPMU-DEV-App-Icons.woff, shared-ui/img/spin-grey.gif, shared-ui/img/spin.gif

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Lee,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I suppose you're aiming to update WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin from version 4.1.0 to 4.1.1, is that right? There were some issues when trying to update the plugin itself from the 4.1.0 version and this has been fixed in current release. The issue didn't affect all the installs, just some of them.

That being said, in case you're not able to perform that update, please try a manual update. This can be done two ways:

Via site's dashboard:

- disable and delete WPMU DEV Dashboard via "Plugins -> All plugins" page
    - install recent release via "Plugins -> Add new -> Upload" page

Via FTP

- extract (unpack) plugin's .zip file
    - upload the "wpmudev-updates" folder from extracted archive to the "/wp-content/plugins/" folder on your server, overwriting existing one and its content

For both solution you will want to download WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin zip install file which you can find here (make sure that you're logged in to your WPMU DEV account):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

Let me know if that worked for you, please!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.