Auctions page doesn't display the auctions since the last plugin update

Hi!

I know this regards a non-WPMU plugin, but since the dev almost never answer me, I’m left with no option other than ask about it here.

My auctions page used to display all auctions. Since the last update from Ultimate Auction Pro, the auctions aren’t being displayed anymore:

https://www.wheelofcommerce.com/auctions/

Any idea what might be causing this? I’d like to hear from you guys before downgrading the plugin to its previous version (the one that was working). Also, if I delete the plugin’s folder through FTP, the db stays intact, right? As far as I’m aware, the db is only deleted if the plugin is deleted through wp dashboard, but I’d like to confirm this.

If necessary, I’ve sent my login credentials with Tyler’s name on it like 2-3 months ago. Support access is also active: https://www.wheelofcommerce.com/login/

Thanks.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Gabriel,

Hope you’re doing well :slight_smile:

I have checked your site and there are some console errors showing on that page, and they keep changing from load to load, sometimes it shows it’s related to coming soon plugin, other times is showing slide-cart.js errors from mp-mojo…

I would suggest disabling your other plugins to see if there is conflict with new version of Auctions and your other plugins.

As for the FTP upload, yes, your DB will stay intact unless the new version already changed something there.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Wheel of Commerce
    • WordPress Warrior

The fatal error was something regarding the theme, but the fact that the auctions aren’t being displayed isn’t caused by the theme, but by a plugin, because I’ve tested it with Twenty Fifteen and the plugins active and the issue persists.

Like I always say: my site really has a ton of custom stuff; because of that, if there’s a way to identify more specifically what’s causing this, it will save a lot of time. Any way to know precisely what plugin it might be, as opposed to run a conflict test for all the 50+ plugins I have?

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Gabriel,

I hope you’re well today!

I took a look at debug log that you shared with us. There’s actually no errors per se but rather notices and warnings. Those usually doesn’t break site significantly and in this case certainly doesn’t tell us a lot, unfortunately.

I’d however suggest making sure that plugins are up to date, paying special attention to our Ultimate Facebook and 3rd-party plugins: Bowe Codes and Limit Blogs Per User (this one however doesn’t seem to be developed no more, so it may be necessary to find other solution).

Also, you should make sure that your WP is up to date also.

Other than that, I believe that if above doesn’t help there’d be no other way than either running a full plugin conflict test or somehow “getting through” to Ultimate Auctions developer.

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Gabriel!

I think the only way to narrow things at least a bit would be to turn on WP debugging and then examining /wp-content/debug.log file.

In order to turn this on, please add following lines (if they’re not there already) to your site’s wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Gabe!

I assume there must have been some more changes made to the site (or it may be a result of update of some plugins) because WP debugging wouldn’t cause this as the only thing it does (with a configuration I suggested) is writing information to a /wp-content/debug.log file.

Of course you may want to try to disable it and see if it helped. To do this simply remove these lines from your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

I’m pretty sure though this is not a case. It would be worth though to take a look at /wp-content/debug.log file. You may spot some errors there that would point you in a right direction!

Best regards,

Adam

• Wheel of Commerce
    • WordPress Warrior

Okay, I think the dev is crazy or something, because after that first answer from him asking me to confirm the credentials to access my site he never answered me back, meaning I’ll have to count on you guys. For practicality’s sake, if one of you can log into my site with the credentials I’ve provided around 3 months ago (with Tyler’s name on the email), that would be great. If that isn’t possible, please give me some suggestion on what might be causing this.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Gabe!

I think you should keep “nagging” that dev, hopefully he’ll wake up some day :slight_smile:

As for our help. Let’s start with what I suggested previously and that would be enabling WP debugging with output redirected to the file as described here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/auctions-page-doesnt-display-the-auctions-since-the-last-plugin-update#post-988493

Once this is done, do whatever you can to replicate the issues in questions and then share the content of /wp-content/debug.log file with me.

Best regards,

Adam

• Wheel of Commerce
    • WordPress Warrior

Just did that, but no /wp-content/debug.log was generated.

I’ve noticed something: my old auctions, which are working, have the following permalink structure:

https://www.wheelofcommerce.com/ultimate-auction/beach-number-13

But my new auctions, which are returning as page not found, have the username after the .com:

http://www.wheelofcommerce.com/johanschneider/ultimate-auction/test-1/

Also, when I access johanschneider’s account as super-admin, I can only see new auctions, not the old ones, and the opposite happens when I’m checking my auctions through the front end, logged in as johanschneider (which is the template account I use for Blog Templates).

Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Gabe!

Thank you for your response!

Let me start with that, that I tried to login to your site using credentials you sent to Tyler some time ago but it kept rejecting me. I found out that Tyler had the same problem. Is that possible that that data has changed or there’s some kind of geo-IP restricton?

As for what you have noticed. It seems like that’s something wrong with permalinks generated by the Ultimate Auctions plugin. My suggestions here (I’d suggest it most likely even if I was able to access site – as first steps necessary) would be to:

1. disable plugin

2. disable all caching plugins if you’re using any (e.g. W3 Total Cache)

4. enable plugin back

5. check if anything has changed on plugin’s options page in relation to “auction slug/URL”/”permalinks”

6. if above is true, then double-check this settings

7. re-save permalinks settings (this often helps if plugin is using “virtual pages”:wink:

However obvious it may sound, that’s essential start.

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Gabriel,

I tried creating new auction on one of your subsites but it requires payment gateway selected which was disabled by admin, and even though I’m using admin account I can’t change this.

Can you try disabling this protection for “Predrag” subsite and try creating new auction there and add the auctions shortcode to one of pages on that subsite, so we can see if it’s only happening on main site or it’s site wide.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Wheel of Commerce
    • WordPress Warrior

I’m seeing the same “disabled by Administrator” beside each payment method at Ultimate Auction Pro > Settings when I check the template acc and the Predrag acc, but when I check the super-admin acc, all methods are marked, so it should be working. I never had any issues with this, this whole thing started completely out of the blue.

Considering that I can see some auctions when checking it as super-admin through the back end, and others when checking it with the template acc through the front end, it looks like they’re being stored at different places or something.

The priority is that I’m able to create new auctions, because I need to show this in the promotional video for the site.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Gabriel,

Unfortunately I was unable to pinpoint the cause of this no matter what I tried.

I believe that you will need to get a hold of plugin developer even though I hear it’s a hard thing to do.

But getting any info from them could help us out, for example, what changes were made in new version that could be causing this etc.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Wheel of Commerce
    • WordPress Warrior

I’ve finally managed to fix it by myself -still no word from the dev though, haha.

Thanks for at least trying to help, man. Together with Marketpress, TT Marketpress Frontend Admin and Marketpress Mojo, this auction plugin is one of my main plugins. The bummer is that, even though it’s a 100 bucks plugin, neither this dev nor the dev of TT Marketpress Frontend Admin (which is also paid) give support -even though they say they do (I think they’re crazy or something).

Anyway, thanks again for trying to help, I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

• Wheel of Commerce
    • WordPress Warrior

The auctions are gone again. I’ve done everything I did last time when I managed to get it working again, but now it’s not working. Since I can edit them as super-admin, it’s probably something related to admin capabilities regarding the plugin. Any ideas?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Gabe!

Since I can edit them as super-admin, it’s probably something related to admin capabilities regarding the plugin.

Sounds like a good shot :slight_smile: However, could you please let us know what was it exactly that you did recently to fix the issue?

Cheers,

Adam

• Wheel of Commerce
    • WordPress Warrior

Hi, man! Thanks for answering so quickly. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I can edit them as super-admin, but I think it’s not something entirely related to role, because even as super-admin I can’t see the auctions when I go to https://www.wheelofcommerce.com/auctions or access the front end interface.

Regarding what I did last time, the plugin started working again after I downgraded it using one of my backups. I did it this time, but it didn’t work. I tried a lot of thing, like running plugin conflicts and such, nothing worked. I have absolutely no idea what’s causing this, as it seems to be coming and going out of nowhere.

Thanks again, man. I really appreciate you guys helping me with this -cause the dev doesn’t seem to care at all abut his customers, it’s really outrageous.

• Wheel of Commerce
    • WordPress Warrior

I didn’t try that, but like I said:

I think it’s not something entirely related to role, because even as super-admin I can’t see the auctions when I go to https://www.wheelofcommerce.com/auctions or access the front end interface.

The issue seems to be somehow related to authorization of payment methods by super-admin. Even though I’ve authorized all of them, this is still being displayed for users (it looks like this is blocking them from accessing the front end interface, and blocking everybody from seeing the auctions at /auctions): http://i.imgur.com/c24PLhE.png

Last time, I’ve uploaded a version of the plugin I had in one of my old backups and that fixed the issue, this time it didn’t work.

Thanks once more. :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Gabriel!

I took a look at that screenshot showing an error and I must admin that it’s a bit surprising: theoretically it shouldn’t block viewing auctions at all. However, as I’m not familiar with that auction plugin’s code I can’t say this for sure.

It doesn’t seem like we could solve this however without examining plugin’s code. I can take a look (no guarantees though) having an access to your FTP (please take a look at your other thread that we discussed on live chat today) but still it seems like “hunting and catching” plugin’s developer would be the best shot here :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.