Authentication failed (and keeps failing)

We've entered the API credentials and double and tripled checked.
But we keep getting this error:
"There was a problem connecting with the paypal gateway. (CODE)520003 Authentication failed. API credentials are incorrect."

Please help! We're on deadline to launch this.

Also, would it be wise for us to pay for support for this - as we need a quick resolution.

Thanks so much!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I just tested this on my own install and was able to get it working in sandbox mode without any issues. Are you in sandbox or live mode? I'm assuming, based on your previous post, that this has to do with the advanced crowd funding method.

Even though you mentioned you triple checked the credentials, I just want to make sure you checked the API Username for whitespace at the beginning(this has happened to me before). Copying the PayPal API username for some reason always gives you whitespace at the beginning, just make sure you remove that after pasting it in.

If you're still having the issue, do you mind granting support access so we can take a look at your settings :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Also, would it be wise for us to pay for support for this - as we need a quick resolution.

You already paid us :slight_smile: I'm more than happy to work with you to get this resolved Peter. Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Peter van Gorder
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sweet success!!!!

OK, the problem, in this case, is a bit of confusing documentation.
    Your doc states:

"PayPal offers a Sandbox mode for you to test in"

It should read:
    "You MUST create a Paypal Sandbox testing account to use "sandbox mode".

Sure, it's obvious once you know it. But before that, it looks optional.

I'd love to help you rework your documentation to make it easier.
    In many ways, it's just way way too much text to read and get lost in.
    I'm not trying to complain - just offer help.

Thanks!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

Just replying to this to get it out of our feed as this issue has progressed a bit since this post :slight_smile:

I'll link to where it is at now: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-finally-got-it-working-today-but-then-it-stopped#post-759293

Thanks for the documentation offer too. We are actually in the process of re-writing/updating a lot of the docs. If you ever have any suggestions just make a post with them and we'll make sure that the doc writer sees it!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.