Author box showing site wide with Course Press

Not sure why for the last week or so, on each post and on course pages, an author box pulling data from the user profile is auto generated.

On course pages this is causing bio to be duplicated, in when user creating course is different than the instructor, there is no option to switch or control content of box as far as I can tell.

Any ideas why this is showing up and where I can control the feature?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Richard,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, I'm assuming you mean this (screenshot 1)

This looks to be something in the footer or your theme. Do you have any plugins installed or widgets that might be causing this?

Could you follow the flowchart in the following page to see if there's a conflict somewhere? Also if you could temporarily switch to the default twentyfourteen theme and see if it still does the same?

If you could also grant support access from the dashboard plugin so we can take a look? See https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Thanks

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Richard,

I have tested it on my test site using default Twenty Thirteen theme and could confirm it's happening because of the theme and due to any plugin.

The Twenty Thirteen theme contains the following code in its content.php file which displaying this author data.

<?php if ( is_single() && get_the_author_meta( 'description' ) && is_multi_author() ) : ?>
    			<?php get_template_part( 'author-bio' ); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

The author data only gets displayed on the single post pages when the post author contains any Biographical Info in their profile and if more than one author has published posts for the site.

You can hide the extra author data from single course pages by adding the following CSS code in the style.css file of your child theme or add it in your site using the following plugin.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css

body.single-course footer.entry-meta {
    display: none;
    }

To hide the author data from all single pages including blog posts try using the following CSS code instead of previous.

footer.entry-meta {
    display: none;
    }

Alternatively you can remove the author data by overwriting the page template author-bio.php in your child theme.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.