Author failing to populate author if feed author doesn't exist…

We’ve been noticing on a lot of blogs that if you choose “use feed author” for the “Set author for new posts” option, the “If author in feed does not exist locally use” option will not use a local author, instead posts will get published with no author ….. choosing a local author in the “set author for new posts” solves the issue…… In other words, the default option to choose a local author if feed author does not exist is only working very sporadically …. just a heads up.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello Tracy,

Thanks for the note. I just tested this out and tested this out. Its working fine for me, maybe my sample size is too low to confirm this issue. Is there any more details you can provide me on this?

Anyway, am happy that you have got it working, if this turns out to be an issue, let me know and I will notify the developer!

Cheers,

Arun Basil Lal

• Tracy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

It’s just random … there will be 5 posts without the author, 2 with, then 3 more without …. all random. Changing the settings as I mentioned above fixes the issue. We’re on a dedicated server with lots of resources, so don’t think cron is getting interrupted or anything …

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.