Author or user Geolocation

Is there a plugin which let's me add the fundraisers' Geolocation? So other site members can see the country location or origin of project author like Rockethub or Kickstarter.

• BlueGoat
    • Flash Drive

I don't want show actual Google map in the posts, I only want posts to show Geo marker of fundraising author's country origin so I can categorize all of locations in dropdown menu or provide a means for city search or country search for site users to search for fundraising projects nearby their location or world wide.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings BlueGoat,

Thank you for your feedback , it is greatly appreciated.

I am not aware of a plugin that will do this out of the box but it sounds like a great feature request to me.

Therefore I am going to move this to feature requests and alert the lead developer of the Fundraising plugin of the request.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• BlueGoat
    • Flash Drive

@aecnu if you can request the lead developer of fundraising plugin to possibly come up with short codes that'll work with Comprehensive Google Map plugin this would be great. Then I could definitely use Comprehensive Google Map plugin's widget and short code to show all fundraising projects on single map as Marker Geo Mashup. I would like the marker icons to appear in all fundraiser posts along side author's country location.

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

I really like the idea of using something like this that auto geo locates the project creator. If I was donating money or putting toward a project, I'd want to know that info - and not what the project creator chose to put in - an actual verified geo tag or something.

Even using Maxmind geoip (free) is better than nothing...

• BlueGoat
    • Flash Drive

The Comprehensive Google Map plugin is free too! That's why I requesting short codes for fundraising plugin that'll work with the Comprehensive Google Map plugin to show distinguish markers on Geo mashup and provide the author's country location instead of ordinary usual marker icon that's commonly seen or found on other social fundraising sites' fundraising posts. If I can find the code for auto geo location base on project author's IP address this would work great too. You have to keep in mind some more experienced technology or computer savvy can easily change their IP address. So some of fundraising categories will require super admin approval while other fundraising projects (i.e. emergency or illness) will automatically be published. I'm simply trying to differentiate my crowdfunding site from other social fundraising sites.

• fitoussi
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi BlueGoat,
    Check This out. I posted it few days ago. This is a plugin i'm still working on but you can try it. It does not get the location of the person automatically but it creates address custom fields to enter an address when creating post. Using google API the address being converted to lat/long and being saved in database.this way Using the plugin's search form users can look for places using address and radius distance. The results will be within the radius ordered by the distance. The plugin works with any post type. It might be useful for you.

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

@Joe - I managed to put together a working metabox for the fundraising plugin, but don't want to post until you test it. How can I get it to you? This is the first one that I've ever done...actually first anything written for wp...and hence not wanting to post.

@bluegoat - what I did will appear on the right side of all fundraisers when created and cannot be edited. I didn't use Google...another geo site...but the overall code can be changed later. You can then either display it in the fundraiser with php code or edit some code in fundraiser.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.