Author Site Blogs into Main Blog

Hi! This is probably a simple question, with a simple answer. My terminology may be off, so please be forewarned! I am looking to take all of my user-created sites (on multi-network) and do the following things with their respective blogs:

1. Sort them, based on category and/or tags.
2. Upload certain categories into one subdirectory's main blog, and upload others into the main-page blog.

I understand that there are many ways of going about doing this, but I am unsure which plugins will allow me to aggregate the main-blog, instead of creating a seperate RSS feed (which, as I understand, requires a reader). I want outside people floating about t3h internets to be able to read it without signing in; my main-page theme (divi Extra) has additional means of sorting these on the front end for a pleasant visual experience.

I feel like trying to autoblog my own multi-network is a bit silly, since Post Indexer just lists them all right there. But maybe this is common practice, and I'm confusing the term "feed" as interchangeable between the continuation of an original blog, and the RSS of that blog. Thank you for your patience!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Fox Wilde,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Not sure whether I understood your question properly, if I'm not mistaken, you want to sort all your subsites into different categories?
    If yes, you could make use of SITE CATEGORIES plugin, so that you could categorize your sites into your multsite, and list all the categorized sites in a page in your main site.

Do you think this would work? Could you please check, and see whether the plugin fits to your needs, you can find all the instructions on how to use the plugin here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/site-categories/#product-usage

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Fox Wilde
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello, and thank you for the reply!

More appropriately, I am attempting to give all the artists (the folks who will be building their own profiles, via the multisite) a specific categorical mainline to the main-site's front page.

They would be able to post on their site, as normal, on any range of topics. Unless they wanted the article to be posted on the main-site's front page, then they would select the category (or tag, maybe?) "front page".

I will look into site categories; there's a massive amount of options the plugins on this site afford, so sifting through it all is overwhelming at times! Thank you for your reply!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Fox Wilde,

Basing on your latest post Site Categories will not be useful for you. What you want to do can be achieved with Autoblog.
    On your main site you will need to create auto blog feeds for each blog - you will insert in those feeds urls to that specific category feed.
    In those Auto blog feeds you will assign those posts to one category (category on your main site) so each of those posts from different feeds will be in "one place".

Then you will be able to show those posts on your main site using plugin like that https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/list-category-posts/ or that https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/category-posts/ or like you mentioned using your theme funcions.

Post Indexer is used to with plugins that will show latest posts in network - but it will be all recent posts. No category separation.
    Autoblog will import those posts into your main site - there is no reader needed and no registration.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Fox Wilde
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you for that suggestion!

I was able to jury-rig an automation of that; I think (that computer isn't in front of me) I used Recent Global Feeds, to create an RSS of the entire nework, and autoblog to pull it in. Although time is going to tell how my server stands up to regularly updating all those user-created blogs. Eeek!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.