authority blog/multisite/pro sites

Hi,

We currently have a multi author wordpress site, with thousands of authors contributing content.

My question is if we switch to a multisite, will we loose SEO power from the content our authors are creating.

My understanding is that our multisite would be an authority blog, and then each of our members sites would benefit from all content on the network (our members/authors sites) from an SEO stand point.

Can you please advise, If i have it right?

Thanks in advance

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Multisite does not impact SEO in any ways. As long as your content is good, SEO works fine :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• tessa
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi PC,

thanks for the response.

I just want to be sure, as right now hundreds of our users are picking off page one/top spot in google through positing on our blog on multiple keywords and topics.

(we don’t want to decrease our results)

So we will have the same impact for SEO having one blog with many authors (currently), same as if we split all those authors up to have individual blogs on the multisite?

Thanks for the plugin, we will def use that!

• joan_donogh
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I don’t know it for a fact, but I would think if you were going to set it up as sub-directories it should have the same SEO impact as a single site, but if you set it up as sub-domains/domain mapping it would not, as each subdomain would be viewed as a separate site.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for your views.

Well, I would say in this case.

1: I have a running site where I am getting good rank in google and thousands of authors are posting on my main site

2: I switch to WordPress multisite and allow my authors to post on subsites

3: I can then use Autoblog plugin to autoblog content from my subsite to the main site

The subsites indeed will act as different sites and SEO will have to be done separately on them.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.