Authorize.net gateway – Membership beta release

Hi guys!

I have implemented new Authorize.net gateway. This gateway substitutes deprecated Authorize AIM and Authorize ARB gateways.

New gateway uses AIM and ARB methods to create finite, indefinite and serial transactions. Also it creates CIM profiles and allows to use it for non serial subscriptions.

Find new 3.5.beta.1 version in attach. Instructions how to upgrade the plugin:

1. Deactivate current Membership plguin
  2. Delete it via admin dashboard
  3. Upload new version
  4. Activate it

Please, test it on your end and let me know how it works for you. Report all issues and bugs, related to this beta version, in this thread.

Regards,

Eugene

*** NOTE ***

3.5 has officially been released as of 4/20/2014 :slight_smile:

• Lissa
    • Flash Drive

Eugene, we are making progress- because now the payment form is showing up.

I tested the order form with it live and no errors were shown.

But how long before my order will show up in Authorize.net?

Because I don’t see my order in there. The 1st month is free though, so would I only expect to see my credit card information in there the next month?

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

Ok, here is the third beta of the 3.5 version. The changelog for this version contains following changes:

• Fixed network wide protection issue when global installation is used
    • Fixed database table verification and repairing processes
    • Fixed rule counts settings issue
    • Fixed [renewform] shortcode styling issue
    • Fixed protection issue, when protection is disabled
    • Fixed leaving ping issue for expired subscriptions
    • Fixed Terms Of Service plugin compatibility
    • Fixed deleted ping warnings
    • Fixed warning which appears after coupon deletion from admin dashboard
    • Fixed free subscription gateway doubling buttons issue
    • Fixed members pagination issue
    • Fixed issue with not loaded coupon forms
    • Fixed communication issue when all subscription is selected
    • Fixed user display name and level name issues for ping data
    • Implemented new Authorize.net gateway which changes Authorize ARB and AIM gateways
    • Implemented membership access level meta box for posts and pages editing form
    • Improved rendering gateway information at the members list table
    • Improved ping argument processing
    • Improved 100% coupon gateway setup
    • Reworked purchase free subscription process
    • Reworked default subscription setup for users without subscriptions

• Rob
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Eugene,

I downloaded a new copy of the plugin from this thread, deleted the plugin from the site as described here and installed the new one and found the same error. Could there be a problem with the attachment here?

• Rob
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Eugene,

I’ve also deactivated all other plugins on the site just to make sure there wasn’t any sort of conflict. I’ve also re-downloaded the plugin from this thread multiple times now, reinstalled and am receiving the same error.

• Rob
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Eugene,

Unfortunately, I cannot release those credentials. This seems like a simple syntax error. I’m wondering if you can point me in the right direction of a small update to the code to get it working.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Eugene asked that I also test this on my install. I can’t recreate at all, I don’t get that error anywhere.

Where exactly does it happen for you?

Specific pages?

All pages?

As we can’t recreate we would really need to see your install. If you’re unable to provide those credentials then it makes it hard for us to help.

Perhaps you can please replicate the setup on another server, one that you can give us access too. We can then investigate there to see what’s happening.

Take care.

• Rob
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Timothy,

While in the wordpress admin, after the plugin is installed, there is a link to activate the plugin, when clicked, this redirects to the installed plugins page with the error message. I’m not able to make it any further than that seeing as the plugin won’t activate.

Unfortunately, all of my servers have a strict policy on the release of credentials and I cannot bend nor break this policy.

• Rob
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Eugene,

I originally had version 3.4.6 installed and that worked just fine.

But I was informed that this new beta had updated payment gateways that I’m interested in and then ran into this problem when trying to install.

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

It uses AIM for finite and indefinite payments and ARB for serial payments. Also it creates CIM profiles and uses it for subscriptions without serial levels, because you can’t create recurring payment with CIM profile.

Neither Simple Checkout, SIM nor DPM methods are not supported right now.

• Rob
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Eugene,

Are there any plans for DPM method to be supported? This would be very useful for easy PCI compliance.

Also, when I go to pay for a subscription, with authorize sandbox setup, I get a 500 error right after clicking “pay now”.

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

Currently we don’t have such plans, but maybe in the nearest future I will implement it. Can’t give you any estimates on it.

Also, when I go to pay for a subscription, with authorize sandbox setup, I get a 500 error right after clicking “pay now”.

Does you server support SSL connection?

• raceday500
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Eugene,

I have a question, I had issues before with the Authorize.net gateway so i went into the code and edited a few things to get the form to show, it’s still not working but that’s not my subject right now.

I would like to know why you use

count($pricing) == 2)

The pricing is an array of levels and their prices it seems, and if I have more than 2 levels the subscribe button wasn’t even showing up. I then replaced == by >= which made sense to me although I don’t know the reason you used that magic number.

I’d love an explanation.

Thanks.

• raceday500
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sorry, I should have included all that info in my first post.

membershipmembershipincludesgatewaysgateway.authorizenetarb.php

That’s in the zip file you attached (membership-3.5.beta.3.zip).

You’ll see in on line 278,1085 &1132.

Thanks.

• raceday500
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Okay, thank you.

I’ve now uploaded the new one and the subscription button is there without any modification :slight_smile: Thank you very much for this update.

While we are on the subject, could you provide me with some test details to use, Name City, etc ? I’ve tried using a test visa card (4222222222222) with some random name, address details and cvc, but i’m getting the follow error message: “Your payment was declined. Please, check all your details or use a different card.”

If it still doesn’t work with your test details, i’ll open a seperate ticket/topic.

Thank you.

• Mike
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Eugene- thanks for your assistance once again. I followed the instructions and reinstalled beta3. All my access levels and subscriptions were still there.

I tried to sandbox a payment and it wouldn’t go through. Well a quick debug/logging session discovered that my client’s merchant account was not setup to accept Amex with authorize.net.

Live test worked—

Mike

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

Hi guys,

I am reworking Authorize.net gateway a bit and want to publish new beta 4 version here.

In this version plugin displays errors received from Authorize.net server properly. And adds ability to override payment form and use your own design.

Find new version in attach. To install it deactivate and delete old version, after it upload new one.

Regards,

Eugene

• Mike

Eugene- thanks for your continued support. Our testing using authorize.net has found that we are unable to choose a country or key in US for credit card processing and cannot continue. The https (SSL) call is also not getting enabled for the checkout process of my events+ marketpress purchase.

Mike

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

Hi guys,

I am publishing new 3.5.beta.5 version here. It contains some minor improvements, a number of bug fixes and enhancement of Authorize.net recuring billing creation.

Previously when a member purchased a subscription with recurring payments mode, the plugin created one ARB recurring billing transaction. Now when a member purchases it, the plugin creates one AIM transaction (authorize+capture) to check whether credit card is valid and has funds, and after it creates ARB recurring billing which starts from the next period due to subscription schedule.

Also I have added drop down list with countries to Authorize.net payment form.

Find new beta in attach. Instructions as usual: deactivate and delete old version and install and activate new one.

Regards,

Eugene

• Mike

Eugene- I installed beta 5 and I am still not receiving the pull-down country option for the site. Furthermore, when the marketpress check out gets to the credit card page, shouldn’t the membership/marketpress plugin detect and switch to https: for SSL? It is not. Is there something I have to do to invoke it ?

I am close to go live and am needing this resolved.

Thanks

Mike

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

@mike

I installed beta 5 and I am still not receiving the pull-down country option for the site.

Could you make a screenshot of a page where you expect to see drop down list?

Furthermore, when the marketpress check out gets to the credit card page…

MarketPress has it’s own gateway. Membership doesn’t share gateways with it.

Regards,

Eugene

• Mike

Eugene- See attached, I am on the enter payment information with credit card prompt. I have all information entered and as I am in the US, my state entered so as you can see from picture, pull-down is blank.

As for the https SSL connection, both membership and marketpress were in sandbox mode, I moved them to live and ssl is now active. Chalk that up to user error as I must have (but don't recalll) moving it to sandbox.

Mike

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @mike,

Just noticed that the screenshot which you attached above is related to MarketPress page. As I said Membership and MarketPress don’t share their gateways and all what is related to MarketPress has to be discussed on MarketPress thread. I can’t help with it.

Could you, please, create relevant thread for this issue?

Thanks,

Eugene

• Mike

Eugene-as confirmed, yes this is actually a membership ecommerce checkout country code missing issue. I have opened a thread on this.

The install of the latest beta5 is working fine for my tests of membership, access level, etc.

Thanks for your continued awesome support.

Mike

• applemarketing
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Just wondering when this will be deployed as a stable release and if it will upgrade without any interference with the current release’s Auth.net config and AIM / ARB subscriptions. I am getting ready to deploy a site (in the next week or so) and would love to release with this new version instead of the current if it replaces deprecated AIM and ARB gateways.

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

Hi folks,

** DO NOT FORGET TO DELETE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE PLUGIN, YOU WON’T LOSE YOUR SETTINGS **

I am publishing the new 3.5.beta.6 version. Find it in attach. The whole list of changes is following:

* Fixed issue which allows deactivated users to have access to a site
    * Fixed admin bar issue which appear when global tables are used
    * Fixed account page submission issue.
    * Fixed login widget redirect issue
    * Fixed PayPal Standard Payment gateway transactions date issue
    * Fixed PayPal subscription suspended issue due to max fails limit settings
    * Fixed category protection issue
    * Fixed internal issue with actions collision
    * Fixed network wide protection issue when global installation is used
    * Fixed database table verification and repairing processes
    * Fixed rule counts settings issue
    * Fixed [renewform] shortcode styling issue
    * Fixed protection issue, when protection is disabled
    * Fixed leaving ping issue for expired subscriptions
    * Fixed Terms Of Service plugin compatibility
    * Fixed deleted ping warnings
    * Fixed warning which appears after coupon deletion from admin dashboard
    * Fixed free subscription gateway doubling buttons issue
    * Fixed members pagination issue
    * Fixed issue with not loaded coupon forms
    * Fixed communication issue when all subscription is selected
    * Fixed user display name and level name issues for ping data
    * Implemented new Authorize.net gateway which changes Authorize ARB and AIM gateways
    * Implemented functionality which hides inactive members from BuddyPress members list
    * Improved rendering gateway information at the members list table
    * Improved ping argument processing
    * Improved 100% coupon gateway setup
    * Reworked purchase free subscription process
    * Reworked default subscription setup for users without subscriptions

Please, test it on your sites and let me know if you find any issues with it. I will try to fix it asap.

Regards,

Eugene

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

@applemarketing

Is this a configuration issue?

It is a little bug which appears when currency has not been set in Membership settings yet. I have already fixed it and will include in beta/release. For now you need to go to admin dashboard > Membership > Options > Configuration tab and click on Save Changes button. It should help to fix this issue. If it doesn’t, let me know.

there appear to be some layout issues with the payment form.

This is compatibility issue with your theme. I will try to improve it and add in the next beta/release. For now you can try to adjust CSS styles on your end.

… the gateway is set to sandbox in Membership and Auth.net is in test mode.

Test mode doesn’t work for it. You need to create sandbox account on this page and use sandbox account login ID and transaction key. Pay attention that account login ID is not the same thing as you use to login into your Auth.net account, you can find login ID on the same page where you generate your transaction key.

• applemarketing

Eugene,

Thank you so much!

1. I saved the changes to the configuration tab and that did the trick. The currency is now displaying properly.

2. Not a problem at all, I will adjust the styles on the form

3. I setup the sandbox account and this is working as expected.

Forgive me, I have several questions now as to how this will work moving forward.

I have a single subscription where a user registers and they enter a finite “trial member” level, $0 for 4 weeks. After that they move into a serial “member” level which is billed at $15 every 12 weeks. I registered and see that it automatically sets up 2 transactions in Membership > Payment Gateways > Auth.net – an Authorized (ARB) transaction which is authorized only, and a Recurring transaction set for the 12 week date.

Also in Auth.net sandbox I see a single subscription with ongoing scheduled payments (every 84 days). This is exactly as anticipated. I also find under Unsettled Transactions the single Authorized/Pending Capture transaction for the initial payment.

1. Will the Authorized/Pending Capture transaction automatically be captured when the user moves out of the trial period and into the Member level?

2. I know often times authorizations can be valid for 30 days or a month, is this the same for ARB subscriptions? I want to ensure there is not an expiration of the authorization.

3. When the user transitions to a member, will an authorization automatically occur for the next transaction, 12 weeks out? And then the capture at the 12 week mark?

4. Does Auth.net talk to Membership and let Membership know about failed transactions, suspending the membership?

5. Are there email notifications to the member for each transaction?

6. Can I set an email to fire when the user signs up, thanking them for signing up and providing them with information? (maybe this is remote ping)?

7. Is there a means to have a user check a box for “terms and conditions” when they sign up? I’d also like to add a checkbox to have them subscribe to an email. {if this funcitonality does not exist, I’d like to incorporate a Gravity Form at this point in the registration process – is there a best means to do so?}

8. once someone signs up, and accesses the subscription page, it shows their current subscription and tells the user “your membership is set to automatically renew”. There is also a button to “unsubscribe”. Is there a means to show the membership expiration date?

9. As transactions occur, will the member be able to see general information about these on the subscriptions page? (ie. like an invoice listing)

10. I also see on the subscriptions page “upgrade from {subscription name}”. I only have a single subscription so shouldn’t this be hidden? Maybe at a later point we will want to offer 6 and 12 month subscriptions, but not at this point so I’d like this to be hidden.

Lastly, I have approx 300 members currently I will be migrating into this system. Would you have any suggestions on how to handle this?

Thank you,

Brandon

• edihtors

Greetings:

Wow. A LOT of long-forgotten bugs have been fixed in these latest updates Eugene! Really thorough job you’re doing on this!

The one last remaining issue that I still have that would just totally rock is if you fixed the pop-up registration form so it worked on mobile devices, right now it gets cut off the side of the display and is unusable.

Thanks!

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

@applemarketing

1. Will the Authorized/Pending Capture transaction automatically be captured when the user moves out of the trial period and into the Member level?

Yes, it has to be captured when an user moves to the next level. However I strongly recommend you to test it on your end. Just set shorter trial period, to not wait too long, and see whether it is captured or not.

2. I know often times authorizations can be valid for 30 days or a month, is this the same for ARB subscriptions? I want to ensure there is not an expiration of the authorization.

The gateway creates AIM transaction for first period to check whether CC is valid and has funds. So the limitation is the same 30 days for authorized transactions. After it ARB recurring billing will be used.

3. When the user transitions to a member, will an authorization automatically occur for the next transaction, 12 weeks out? And then the capture at the 12 week mark?

Nope. As I said above only the first period will be charged via AIM to check CC, every next period will be processed via ARB.

4. Does Auth.net talk to Membership and let Membership know about failed transactions, suspending the membership?

Unfortunately Authorize.net doesn’t provides such functionality. So the plugin can’t know whether transaction has been suspended or not. You need to check it at your account dashboard on Authorize.net site.

5. Are there email notifications to the member for each transaction?

As I know you need to set it up at account dashboard on Authorize.net site.

6. Can I set an email to fire when the user signs up, thanking them for signing up and providing them with information? (maybe this is remote ping)?

You need to use communications facilities.

7. Is there a means to have a user check a box for “terms and conditions” when they sign up? I’d also like to add a checkbox to have them subscribe to an email. {if this funcitonality does not exist, I’d like to incorporate a Gravity Form at this point in the registration process – is there a best means to do so?}

You can use our TOS plugin which incorporates with Membership plugin. For email subscriptions I would like to recommend you to use a ping which will add them to a subscription list.

8. once someone signs up, and accesses the subscription page, it shows their current subscription and tells the user “your membership is set to automatically renew”. There is also a button to “unsubscribe”. Is there a means to show the membership expiration date?

Recurring subscription doesn’t have expiration date, because it will be automatically renewed, won’t it? If you unsubscribe from recurring subscription, then there will be notification when your subscription will be expired.

9. As transactions occur, will the member be able to see general information about these on the subscriptions page? (ie. like an invoice listing)

Not, he won’t.

10. I also see on the subscriptions page “upgrade from {subscription name}”. I only have a single subscription so shouldn’t this be hidden? Maybe at a later point we will want to offer 6 and 12 month subscriptions, but not at this point so I’d like this to be hidden.

Will fix it.

Lastly, I have approx 300 members currently I will be migrating into this system. Would you have any suggestions on how to handle this?

There is no *special* recommendations. Just select default subscription for registered users (make it private to remove from front end) and create your main subscription which users will pay for and use to access protected content.

Regards,

Eugene

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

@edihtors

Thanks for warm words!

The one last remaining issue that I still have that would just totally rock is if you fixed the pop-up registration form so it worked on mobile devices, right now it gets cut off the side of the display and is unusable.

To be honest I can’t promise to fix it in the nearest future, but I will keep it in mind and try to work on it in the future.

Regards,

Eugene

• simon88
    • Flash Drive

@eugene:

Any chance that you’ll add an invoicing page to the membership plugin where users can download and print their pdf invoices of their membership plan?

And also maybe get an email with pdf invoice attached after signing up for a membership plan (if it is not a free plan).

I Think the plugin is really missing this.

Thank you very much vor your work!

• 9thnodenet
    • New Recruit

I just recently purchased this plugin (3.4.6) and I am having issues with the Authorize.net Payment Gateway (ARB) with each attempt at transacation (Live/Production) with correct Username and Key (confirmed using another plugin and payments were successful).

I’m unable to see the Beta 3.5+ attached as my subscription has already cancelled. I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place – expecting the plugin I purchased to work with Authorize.net

May I have access to the 3.5+ Beta update so I can get this working?

Thanks,

Aaron Ditto

• 9thnodenet
    • New Recruit

I upgraded my account again and grabbed the 3.5 Beta 6 version.

However, when attempting to pay with CC via new Authorize.net gateway, after filling in details, and clicking “Process Payment”, the page refreshes back to the original “Pay Now” page, and there are no records of transaction in either Membership or Authorize.net.

I have SSL enabled, and have checked over the configuration for any missed steps.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Aaron Ditto

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

@simon88

Any chance that you’ll add an invoicing page to the membership plugin where users can download and print their pdf invoices of their membership plan?

Unfortunately I am not able to add it in the nearest future. Could you please create a separate thread with this request? So we will be able to log your feature request and get back to it in the future.

@9thnodenet

What settings do you use? Do you use your live account credentials in test mode or what? Have you seen that login ID required in the settings is not the same thing as your Authorize.net login?

• 9thnodenet
    • New Recruit

Hi Eugene,

I have the site / gateway setup in Live mode with Authorize.net in live mode as well. I have the proper Login ID and Transaction Key set as well (not the Authorize.net Merchant login ID).

I’ve installed 2 other e-commerce based plugins to the same site, and was able to configure and perform a successful charge using the exact same settings to Authorize.net without any issue. I’m only having a problem with this Membership plugin, so I know my settings / configuration / server is OK.

The site has an SSL certificate and is installed / verified. Before upgrading to the 3.5 Beta 6 version, it would say that the card was declined, but still nothing in the Authorize.net account transactions as even an attempt, or in the Membership transaction settings.

I’ve disabled all plugins to rule them out as well.

With the 3.5 Beta 6 version – after clicking “Process Payment” (in either Popup Mode or Page mode) it refreshes and takes me back to the first step “Summary of Subscription selected and Price / Pay Now button”.

There are no reports in my error log, and with nothing out of the ordinary with debug = true.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Aaron Ditto

• 9thnodenet
    • New Recruit

I disabled my theme and activated the WP Twenty Thirteen theme. This now shows me at least an error message:

Phone is required.

However, there is no phone field, and there does not appear to be a way to enable custom fields within this plugin.

Anyone else experience this? I have not found anywhere within Authorize.net that allows me to disable this option for verification.

Thanks,

Aaron Ditto

• 9thnodenet
    • New Recruit

I’ve found the issue regarding Phone is required. You can do the following in Authorize.net to enable / disable what form fields are required during transaction:

1. Go to your Authorize.net account

2. Go to Account – Settings – Payment Form – Form Fields

3. Uncheck everything that says “required”, otherwise they will all error one by one.

4. After you save, it will then work fine.

I believe my original issue is my Theme. Disabling it and using TwentyThirteen Theme fixed the issue, and I was able to do a successful transaction.

It would be nice to see the following in a future update – either Company / Phone / E-Mail fields during payment process to record within Authorize.net. With some accounts using ARB, it would be nice to have a second place to verify contact information for transactions.

Thanks – Great plugin!

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

Hi guys,

I am publishing the new version 3.5.beta.7 which contains a number of bug fixes and improvements.

The most important improvements is related to admin gateway which appears when a new subscription has been manually assigned and leads to inability to upgrade from it. So from this version the issue is resolved and now you can unsubscribe from that subscription and purchase new subscription.

Company, Phone and Fax fields were added to Authorize.net form. Also the Authorize.net form styles have been reworked and now it looks better than it has been before.

Popup registration form styles have been reworked as well to look better on mobile devices (hi @edihtors).

** DO NOT FORGET TO DELETE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE PLUGIN, YOU WON’T LOSE YOUR SETTINGS OR MEMBERS **

Please, test it on your sites and let me know if you find any issues with it.

Regards,

Eugene

• edihtors

I really appreciate the effort on mobile improvements, I can’t wait to take a look.

Unfortunately, this beta release is causing all of our pages to become restricted, even if they’re not restricted in the URL group?

• edihtors

@eugene

Do you have an email address I can send the screenshot to? I’d rather not post it publicly.

I reverted back to the previous beta, and my URL groups are working fine again, so it’s definitely something in the newest beta that caused things to go whacky.

Thanks as always

• Jo
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi as advised by Ari I tried the 3.5 beta version of the membership plugin but it is not working for me but seemed to create more problems.

As admin I see that it says I am now a super user but I can’t actually see any level content now at all.

When I subscibed as a new user – on clicking the register account button I got this error

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/progress/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.subscription.php on line 687

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/progress/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.subscription.php:687) in /home/progress/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896

Have had to change the plugin back to the previous version where I get two buttons in the payment form.

I only have got the Free payment gateway activated.

Hope you can help me.

thanks Jo.

• 9thnodenet
    • New Recruit

Hi Eugene,

I’ve been attempting to update my theme to work with this latest Membership / Authorize.net release – and I’m noticing the following error in Internet Explorer that I think is causing my problem.

Line: 7

Char: 3

Code: 0

URI: https://www.nospinforecast.com/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/js/authorizenet.js?ver=3.5.beta.7

Could you provide some assistance on how I could resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Aaron Ditto

• Symi
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi – I have an issue on my current installation (latest stable) that registration of new users only if you have a invite code, doesn’t restrict registration at all.

I have been advised to install this version – but i’m petrified of the errors that I see other folks experience…

I can’t break stuff now, we are going live tomorrow.

Please advise if we’re close to a “stable” beta?

:slight_smile:

thanks

Symi

• Mike

I am running 3.5 beta 7 and tested my ssl gateway and the annual membership payment panel was very off-centered with extremely long input fields for name and the phone field actually wrapped on the page.

How can i manually adjust this form and when do we expect the next stable rev ?

thanks

Mike

• 9thnodenet
    • New Recruit

I’m running the 3.5 beta 7 – and I just ran into an odd issue with a client.

A member attempted to purchase a subscription, and when submitting payment, Authorize.net returned a response saying “The account can not be created because the credit card expires before the subscription start period”.

The users card expires on 12/2014 – so Authorize.net would not create the recurring billing subscription because technically the first ARB payment would be taken 2/2015 (when the account would renew after 12 months).

The card was still charged, just the ARB Subscription was not created. This presented some confusion when the member was left on an Error page stating the previous message returned from Authorize.net

Could an exception be made and a new error message created that states this process. That the card will be charged, but recurring payment could not be created. Please contact us for more information.

Something along those lines. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Aaron Ditto

• Terry
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I was also having the issue above where content was protected even when protection was disabled. I installed Beta 7 and it fixed the problem; now when protection is disabled, it’s really disabled, which is what I wanted. Unfortunately, though, when I disable it, all the rules disappear from the membership levels. If I re-enable protection, the rules come back, but I want to be able to work on the rules while the protection is not enabled, so that I don’t prevent people from being able to get to the content they need until we get the rules set up the way we want them. We have a Multisite network with some complex access rules, and until we have everything set up correctly we’d rather keep access open than risk not allowing people access to the things they need.

Sorry, this is the problem I was having, and it led me to this beta: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-protection-is-disabled-but-content-is-protected

• Jesse
    • New Recruit

Sorry if this has been mentioned here, but here are the problems I am getting, even with the latest beta release.

If URL Groups are used along with Pages inside of Access Levels, one blocks the other.

In my instance, I have a custom post type of lessons, and a custom taxonomy under that, so my url turns into //ex.com/lessons/english/lesson-one/ . My regex is //ex.com/lessons/english/.* , which will work to give access to those direct pages until I want to allow this Subscription Level access back to all of the public pages (that they shouldn’t have been removed from in the first place). So, I add a Pages filter and allow them access to Home, About, Contact; and, boom, no more access to anything.

Secondly, I was thinking about doing a band-aid and just making a regex to allow access to all first-level/main pages on the site, //ex.com/[a-z0-9-]*/ . But, this will match //ex.com/this/should/not/match/ . This is because the URL Group filter appears to add a universal match (.*) before and after the user’s regex, which means if you just put in your domain, it will match every url on your site.

Edited to remove ‘http:’ from the url examples.

• Jesse
    • New Recruit

@davidm, that release does not fix the issue of using URL Groups and Pages together, they still kill each other providing absolutely no access to the end user.

On top of that, why can’t all beta releases like this be posted into the same thread so all of the people that are waiting on something be informed as soon as the post comes through?

• Jesse
    • New Recruit

This is to revise my previous comment about the regular expressions. I do not believe the problem is necessarily the plugin/code, I believe it is the documentation. This is the code in the plugin:

if ( preg_match( "#{$matchstring}#i", $host ) ) {
    return true;
    }

Basically it is looking for your regular expression ($matchstring) within the url ($host) that is being accessed. So, if your regex is //ex.com/[a-z0-9-].*/ like my previous example, it will match //ex.com/abc/everything/else/ since the regex is included in the url.

The documentation should mention this as a note, that developers/users need to specify end of the match string with a $ if they want to get an exact match, or if they do not want the string to continue on.

• Daniel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Feature suggestions:

1. Registration Completed Page should default to something. If it is left blank, it returns the registrant to a 404 mysite.com/false page. I never caught that this was happening until I actually bought something and registered myself to fully understand the UX.

2. Members should drop off of deleted subscriptions or have subscriptions undeletable while there are members on it. I deleted a subscription that restricted content (negative rules). The member that was under that subscription was still subject to the access level tied to the subscription (limiting their content). The problem came when I was unable to drop them from that subscription, because it wasn’t available in the “drop” dropdown menu after I had deleted it. There is no way acceptable to get the member off of the associated access level so that they can enjoy the features of a less restrictive access level. Best solution I found was to create a new account for the member. This would have sucked if it was on a live site with many members.

• Nick

Hello @eugene Manuilov and @jonathan,

I have been actively following information about your Membership 3.5 beta versions. I just installed the latest, Beta 11 (and I assume this email thread will always have the link to the latest version posted?)

I think I found an issue. I was using PayPal Express when I had version 3.4.6 installed, but after installing 3.5 beta 11, it looks like I am now using PayPal Payments Standard.

I am my live production environment (testing with $1.00 memberships!) After I purchase a membership on the Subscription Page of my website (which I set in Membership Page Options) I see a yellow PayPal “Unsubscribe” button. When I click the “Unsubscribe” button, I get redirected to PayPal and see this error:

The unsubscribe button you clicked is invalid. You can find the status of all subscriptions in ‘My preapproved payments’.

And PayPal tells me I have to go to “My Preapproved Payments” on my PayPal profile and cancel the subscription there.

Is this something that can be fixed? I attached a screen shot.

• Nick

I have been testing extensively on 3.5 Beta 11 for the last 30 hours (no sleep!) The new version is so great so far. Thank you for your hard works!

In addition to the issue I posted above, I think I found 4 more issues. Here are some details about my set up:

– I am using Version 3.5 Beta 11.

– I am using PayPal Payments Standard.

– My membership cycles are set on a 3 day automatic renewal.

– On the Membership Options > Configuration screen, I have both Renewal period limit and Upgrades period limit set to 1 day.

And here are details about the 4 additional issues I found.

ISSUE #1) Lost access to membership content after canceling.

I just had the membership renewed after 3 days and wanted to test canceling, so I did the following:

– Went to my Subscription page.

– Clicked the Unsubscribe button.

– Was redirected to PayPal (and received that error I explained in my above post.)

– Per instructions by PayPal, went to the “My Preapproved Payments” page on my PayPal Profile.

– Found the automatic renewal for my membership.

– And clicked the “Cancel” link on PayPal.

– I immediately received an email from PayPal confirming the cancellation.

– I logged back into my website with my membership credentials.

– Went back to my Subscriptions page, and saw this message “Your membership has been cancelled and will expire on : 16th March 2014”

This seems like a big problem because the message says the membership will expire tomorrow, in only 1 day. But the automatic renewal was set to 3 days. So shouldn’t I have membership access for 3 days? Eventually I will set my membership renewal to 365 days. If a members cancels his membership after, let’s say, 100 days, he should still be able to access his account for another 265 days, not just 1 day after cancelling.

ISSUE #2) Charging wrong membership fee after automatic renewal.

I currently have my membership fee set to $1.00. In the middle of a cycle, I changed the membership fee to $1.50. When my membership automatically renewed, I was still charged the $1.00 even though I changed the fee to $1.50.

The automatic renewal did not charge the new price I set of $1.50. But rather charged the original price I signed up for when I first purchased the membership.

ISSUE #3) Upgrading to a new membership charges full price.

I have 2 memberships. One costs $1.00 and the other cost $5.00. Here are the steps I took to encounter the issue:

– I signed up for the $1.00 membership.

– I went to my Subscription page and see I have the option to upgrade to the $5.00 membership.

– I clicked the “Subscribe” button for the $5.00 membership plan.

– I was successfully redirected to PayPal to begin the checkout.

– However, PayPal was trying to charge me the full $5.00 for the new membership.

This seems like a problem because I already paid $1.00 for the other membership. So why am I being charged $5.00 to upgrade? Shouldn’t I only be charged $4.00 to upgrade since I already paid $1.00 for the other membership?

This is a big deal because when I roll out my website I plan on charging $100 for one membership and $500 for another. So if a user wants to upgrade from the $100 membership to the $500 membership, they should only pay the difference between the two, i.e. $400, not the full $500.

ISSUE #4) Auto communication emails not sent on correct Pre-expiry period.

I had a message set to be sent out 1 day before the membership expired. I changed that to 2 days . However, all the users signed up for the membership still received the reminder email 1 day before the expiation, not 2 days like I set.

When these users purchased a membership, the reminder emails were set to 1 day before expiration. I changed it to 2 days. And it looks like the members who bought a membership when it was set to 1 day before expiration are not getting updated to get the email 2 days before expiration.

Is this a bug, or does it mean once a user purchases a membership, they are locked in to the Pre-expiry period I set at the time they purchased the membership?

Thank you for your hard work.

• Nick

I have found another issue. When logged in as a “Super User”, when I try to view a web page as another member by going to “View Site As” on the top right of the screen, nothing happens. The screen just refreshes and nothing changes. I am looking on a page where I have very specific content showing for specific access levels.

The page I am on actually displays none of the information from each of the access levels. It’s just blank. It appears that the content in the access levels are blocking me, a Super User, from seeing it!

So maybe there are two problems:

1) A Super User cannot see any content enclosed in access level short codes.

2) The View Site As feature does nothing but refresh the page.

Thank you.

• Jens
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @jonathan,

I always get the following error.

Any idea on how to fix it within 2 seconds? :wink:

Call to undefined method Membership_Module_Protection::find_user_from_key() in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXwp-content/plugins/membership/classes/Membership/Module/Protection.php on line 214

Best,

Jens

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @jens,

Yup! Open up wp-content/plugins/membership/classes/Membership/Module/Protection.php and go to line 200: looks like this:

global $member, $M_options;

change to

global $member, $M_options, $membershippublic;

then go to line 214 and change

$user_id = (int)$this->find_user_from_key( filter_input( INPUT_GET, 'k' ) );

to

$user_id = (int)$membershippublic->find_user_from_key( filter_input( INPUT_GET, 'k' ) );

Let me know if that fixes things for you. :slight_smile:

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey guys,

We’ve decided to push 3.5 out of beta as it currently fixes many issues with the old 3.4. We realize that we may have not gotten around to a few bugs that may have been reported, but we’ll get those fixed up asap. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.