I hope you're doing well tonight!!
I know this issue has been hashed over time and time again so I hope you will bare with me! :slight_smile:
Here are the plugins in my setup that are relevant to this issue:
Networks for Wordpress
BuddyPress Multi Networks
(bp_enable_multiblog 'true' )
ProSites (working flawlessly)
Membership (purring like a newborn kitten all except for 'one' thing) - see below
User-Role Editor Pro (Mentioned for one reason) - see below
Three things that are very important to understand.
1) EVERYTHING regarding this setup is working PERFECTLY! (accept one thing)
2) I know this system very, very well and I have completely EXHAUSTED all other options...
3) I don't like Multisite User Management because it automatically adds every user in your database to each new 'Network' created. If I could turn off the 'Auto Add' feature it WOULD solve my problem.
Like I said, all aspects of the plugins previously mentioned seem to be working perfectly.
Two of the plugins are supposed to handle 'new subscriber', user-role assignment.
User-Role Editor Pro and Membership
Here's what's happening / not happening...
1) New User Registers. 'Basic Registration' Using Buddypress Registration Form.
a) Site creation works perfectly for pro-sites. Site is assigned the to the level that we have pre-determined for their 'free trial'. Activation email is sent and works perfectly. All aspects of ProSite setup works as expected including user-role etc...
2) New user is automatically assigned as a "MEMBER" to the correct membership level in 'Membership' as expected and defined in our settings. The ONLY thing that is not happening is the user-role assignment to the main 'Network' site; defined as 'subscriber' in the 'Membership' settings of the first Membership level.
I would like to think that I have become a very advanced user of WPMUdev's plugins and I have read 'every' searchable conversation in the forums related to this issue.
When considering solutions to my post, please assume I know 'every' standard and 'almost' every advanced "DID YOU" you can think of... :slight_smile:
I either need an overide php script OR we need to figure out how to get the 'Membership' plugin to override all other possible commands and function as intended in it's user-role assignment function.
Here are two head scratchers for you... What IS happening!
1) New registered users ARE being assigned as 'participants' by bbPress to both the WP user-role table and the bbPress 'forum' table.
2) If I 'uncheck' the auto assignment setting in bbPress, nothing is assigned and the new user is also not assigned to a level in 'Membership'.
3) I originally created a staging install through wpengine to test this and the user-role auto assignment as 'subscriber' worked! I'm going to re-test this as soon as I click send and I'll report back.
I'm going to grant you support access to both the primary site and the staging site. You can muck around in the staging site and I also just did a master backup of everything in case you want to muck around a little bit on the primary site.
Again, please keep in mind this is a very advanced install that I have been working on for months (and documenting all of my conflicts and their resolutions). I'm sure I'll be sending you guys articles as soon as I'm fully launched but for now this is LITERALLY the last issue I'm dealing with. I have over 300 plugins and 100 theme's installed on this network with over 60 activated and a 95% / 73% rating on GTMetrix! http://gtmetrix.com/reports/sitetaylor.com/DCWG2Vvb
*** If I don't find a solution, it's not a deal breaker, I'm happy to launch the system as is because it's working just fine but it would be nice to have user-role assignment automated as intended.
Thanks all, I look forward to reading your incredibly well thought out reply! :slight_smile: