Auto Blog latest update failed - addons/appendtexttopost.php on line 95

I just upgraded to the latest version of Autoblog and it killed half my site with, public_html/wp-content/plugins/autoblog/autoblogincludes/addons/appendtexttopost.php on line 95

When I look at the plugin admin, you are unable to select any addon features, i have disabled and reactived and nothing, it leaves my home page hung with the above error. I've attempted to comment out the function which doesnt help either.

Please quickly provide a fix or can i get the previous version which was working quite well.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @MasterDrue

I hope your well today and sorry to hear of the issues your having with this,

Could you provide some specific errors it's outputting please?

I'll flag the lead developer on this, in the mean time, I'd recommend installing a previous version. If you go here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog/

Right hand side, click changelog, the plugin version numbers are download links, click the one you want and the download should start, then use that to replace your current version of Autoblog.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• MasterDrue

public_html/wp-content/plugins/autoblog/autoblogincludes/addons/appendtexttopost.php on line 95

made a real mess as well seemed to have broke the auto updater dev dashboard, because if i enable it, the site breaks.

I was able to roll back with a backup, but it needs to be stabilzed before i can reinstall it.

Also, i believe the image import is a bit buggy as it always downloads the same image over and over.. such as a you tube video which has stars. I must have 10000 stars in my images folder now.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @MasterDrue

I hope you are well today and thanks for the additional information.

I have just flagged the lead developer again on this.

In the mean time could you provide me with some WP login details and FTP details to take a closer look at this on your install please?

If that's possible please send to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• MasterDrue

Hi Guys,

I'm having that error in fact today, found that it was importing the same set of posts hundreds of times. As well, in combination, snapshot (cron related plugins) were appearing to max out memory to the point of killing the server and destabilizing the DB.

I updated snapshot, and right off the bat, it was uploading to dropbox numerous times. It was all that i could do to disable it, before crashing the server again.

Further, after reenabling autoblog, within minutes the memory maxed out.. I upgraded that and again, it causes that front side, to crash completely. (see sreenshot) I rolled back to .97, and unfortuntaely, things are still in bad shape.

I have barebone plugins activated.. mostly are WPMU.. and the site performance is horrid.

I've opened up a ticket with my provider as it appears the DB has been made unstable as result and are waiting on that correction.

Seriously need this plugin fixed. It's a great plugin, but it has some stupid behavior. it makes no sense why it suddenly started importing the same posts over and over.. not to mention duplicate images.. I must have thousands of star images from youtube. (rating stars).. i mean really, thats not good behavior.

As I'm now on WP3.7 and it seems that autoblog needs a rewrite from the ground up.

I wont mention that I've had numerous accounts over the years and spent thousands with you guys.. never asked for anything.. but now im asking for a solid autoblog plugin that works.

I would give you an account, though, i can barely login myself. So once the server is stabilized i'll see what i can do..
    If i can enable logging for that plugin(s) autoblog, snapshot and wpmu dev or something let me know what you need in the interim.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @MasterDrue

Hope your well today and I apologize about the extreme issues you've had with this and the problems with your database.

Once you have the database sorted, would it be possible to provide logins to the site?

I'm going to flag the lead developer who has recently taken over AutoBlog and get him to take a look at this ASAP for you.

Also on the snapshot issue, could you open up a ticket on that here https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/ As I'm afraid I can't flag two developers on one post I'm afraid.

Thank you and we look forward to getting this resolved ASAP for you.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.