MP3 files and media enclosure in RSS feeds

Does the auto blog plugin also get the mp3 file or files in the media enclosure of an rss feed?

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings chris111,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Does the auto blog plugin also get the mp3 file or files in the media enclosure of an rss feed?

No it does not at this time but this would make a great feature request.

Just recently was the ability for images to be imported and added to this plugin, but that does not include the other files that you mentioned.

Would you like me to go ahead and turn this ticket into the feature request department?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• chris111
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Joe,

Thanks for your response.

I would appreciate it if you can turn this ticket into the feature request department- thanks.

You're right it would make a good feature on the auto blog plugin.

I currently use wp robot to import articles to my blog and then had a custom plugin made to import mp3 files from the feed's media enclosure into a player in the article post that wp robot imports.

For some reason the plugin stopped working and so far I haven't been able to get it fixed properly.

This is why I'm looking for an alternative plugin that can perform all these functions.

Thanks again for your help.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings chris111,

Thank you for your additional input on this topic, it is greatly appreciated.

Perhaps you may consider submitting that custom plugin here so that our lead developer/coder can take a look at its coding possibly helping to give him some ideas of how to go about coding this into the Autoblog plugin giving him a head start :wink:

I am moving this ticket to the feature requests area and I will also alert the lead developer of the request.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.