auto enrol users for all courses

hi,
re: CoursePress Pro.
i would like to suggest/request all users to be automatically enrolled in all courses.
i see there is a solution offered here :
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-auto-register-user
but would obviously much prefer this to be part of the plugin itself.

a few thoughts on such a feature ;
it simplifies the process by removing the step for having users enrol for each course individually.
on sites with specific courses for specific users this makes sense because its obvious the users of that site are there for those specific courses offered.
1 - how would such a feature work with email settings such as enrolment confirmation ?
my guess would be to eliminate this feature if auto enrol is used ?
2 - how would such a feature work with blog commenters ?
example : if "Users must be registered and logged in to comment " is selected in WP admin. Obviously we don't want commenters to have access to all courses.
User roles can help here ?
3 - by chance, is this feature already in the works ? :slight_smile:

Thanks again in advance and any kind thoughts and suggests would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Amused,

Hope you're weekend is going well!

Thanks for the feature request, I think it would be a useful feature too :slight_smile:

1 - how would such a feature work with email settings such as enrolment confirmation ?
    my guess would be to eliminate this feature if auto enrol is used ?

I'm thinking it could be optional? Some may still want the enrollment email to go through.

2 - how would such a feature work with blog commenters ?
    example : if "Users must be registered and logged in to comment " is selected in WP admin. Obviously we don't want commenters to have access to all courses.
    User roles can help here ?

Perhaps could be exclusive to the CoursePress registration form, or maybe part of an integration with Membership 2 or something so you could use the registration shortcode it offers and have a special registration page for it.

3 - by chance, is this feature already in the works ? :slight_smile:

At the moment there isn't something like this in the works that I know of unfortunately, but hopefully we can get it added into a future version! Be interesting to hear what other members thing as well.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• amused

thanks Tyler for your thoughts.
    always appreciated.

1 - reason i was leaning towards not having it is unanswered questions in my head that i did not specify above such as ;
    - with many courses they would get many emails ? the default email enrolment has codes for specific course title etc. so one email may not make sense if there are many emails. lol the more i think of it the more it gets confusing i guess thats why i asked the question.

anyway. i am sure the plugin developers can sort out these fine details way better than my brain :slight_smile:

looking forward to some +1sssss from the community here :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.