Auto enrollment CoursePress Pro

Hi just joined wpmu and looking forward to becoming a part of the community...and utilising these great plugins!

we are building a new website for a client with an existing convoluted network of 3 sites
they have a promo/sales site, another site for delivery of the paid courses and a 3rd separate site that handles their (paid courses and tangible products) shop

the aim is bring it all under one roof powered by wordpress / coursepress / woocommerce

they currently have 11 courses and around 5000 members
the 5000 members have paid for and are enrolled in one or more courses

as part of the move to wordpress / coursepress /woocomemrce how best can we prepare and transition these users to the new site once its built?

i searched for auto enrollment but not sure this is the correct term as that also covers automated enrollment/instant access after payment ?

ideally looking to send an email to all 5000 customers with username/password and a link to the dashboard
which would display their purchased courses (giving them free acess to courses they have already paid for)

we will have name, email and purchased courses in a csv file

how best to grandfather these memebrs into the new site?

also was reading this post
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/auto-enroll-with-coursepress-pro-woocommerce-integration

as far as workflow we were thinking wed have a public sales site with 11 courses sales pages, linking to a prodcut in woocomemrce for ourchase

once purchased the customer would recieve a thank email with a link to the course (or a link to the dashboard where they can access the course)

Is this how it would work?

thanks !

Happy to pay from some expert help also as we want to customise the design of the coursepress layout quite heavily :slight_smile:

thanks!

• Milan

Hello @kym1,

Hope you are doing well and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I'll need to communicate with our Coursepress pro developer to get proper way out for your this concern. I've alread pinged him but he is not online now. So as soon as he becomes online we will communicate for this and then I or developer will get back to you with proper insights on this one.

Meantime please cooperate with us and stay calm. :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello again @kym1,

For now there is only manual approach is there. Go to WordPress Admin -> CoursePress -> Courses -> select course -> select tab Students and ... add students one by one.

and for auto user adding and email stuff, our developer confirmed that it will take lot of custom coding to be done so he suggested you to hire good developer or use our Job Potral

Please let us know if there is something else in which you need our help. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

• Kym

Hi Milan
    ok i see
    so manually giving students access is currently only way..
    when you say "Students" you mean wordpress "members"?

but we could pay for customisaton to allow for automated "grandfathering" of existing students into the new site?

Would the coursepress devleoper be interested in working on this ?
    would think its a great idea to extend the plugin as many people on other LMS platforms would then find it easier to move to Coursepress?

or if not interested would they recommend any pro in particular with good coursepress skilles?

======
    also this part of my questons above (sorry perhaps i should have submitted two different questions)

can you (or coursepress developer) please confirm
    as far as workflow we were thinking wed have a public sales site (wordpress) with 11 courses sales pages, each linking to a product page for purchase (woocommerce)

once the purchase was completed the customer would receive a thank email with a link to the course (or a link to the dashboard where they can access the course) ??

Exactly how does the customer get access to course if its 2am in the morning?

thanks again for assisting me get a better understanding!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kym,

I hope you have a fantastic day!

but we could pay for customisaton to allow for automated "grandfathering" of existing students into the new site? Would the coursepress devleoper be interested in working on this ?

We do not provide any custom development services, nor does WPMU DEV staff members. We do however run a nice "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) where you can ask for any kind of WordPress-related help and I'm sure some of the freelance developers gathered there will be able to help you. Take a look here please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

can you (or coursepress developer) please confirm
    as far as workflow we were thinking wed have a public sales site (wordpress) with 11 courses sales pages, each linking to a product page for purchase (woocommerce)

once the purchase was completed the customer would receive a thank email with a link to the course (or a link to the dashboard where they can access the course) ??

Yes, that's pretty much the way it works :slight_smile:

Exactly how does the customer get access to course if its 2am in the morning?

That's all automated. Assuming your website(s) is up and running it all should work automatically. After the customer purchases course, he/she gets and a confirmation e-mails and also gets an access to his/her "student dashboard" on your site. Therefore he/she may open your site in browser, login and start learning :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.