Auto login after registration?

Got the plugin installed on a MU site. Login works great, so does registration. It creates the site and redirects to the site but the new user is not logged into his site, have to go to the login link and click login with facebook right after they have registered, any ideas?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings nphaskins,

Thank you for the great question.

I believe this is the intended outcome due to the various signup configuration possibilities to include a WordPress core function.

For example, if one had it where the new registrant had to activate their account (this is how we are setup) to help prevent splogs and spammers, one would be horrified if they were already logged in after registration but have not completed activation which in this case also send them their password.

I have researched this and have been unable to come up with a way around this.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer with his invaluable insight in here to offer his advice/advise as to what I am possibly missing or indeed a way to circumvent this behavior.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will see if I can get him in here asap.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

@mason

I took a look at this plugin and the hook is
    add_action('register_post','do_my_function');

However with anti-splog, custom-signup, tos, password configured I can't get the 'hook' to action at all. I was wondering if it is hooked elsewhere in these plugins too.

Some pointers would be useful as I think that it would be great to go straight into 'admin' after creating a blog, when signup-password is being used.

Alan

p.s. I do also get Joe's point regarding sploggers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.