Auto-Ship Customer Orders w/Management of Auto-Ship Products

Our coffee site is going to need an auto-ship program to go along with the shopping cart. I have a couple questions.

1. Does or can Marketpress support auto-ship?
2. Do customers have the ability to "log in" to see their orders, which would include their auto-ship orders?
3. If by some crazy change Marketpress supports auto-ship, do customers have the ability to update their auto-ship products on the fly?

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

Hi

1. Does or can Marketpress support auto-ship?

MarketPress can't current set the order status automatically, except to "Paid" when paid online.

Out of interest, what when an order is shown as shipped and it gets missed? How would you envisage the system handle that?

2. Do customers have the ability to "log in" to see their orders, which would include their auto-ship orders?

Customers can check their order status both with and with an account. (link is sent to email of customer)

3. If by some crazy change Marketpress supports auto-ship, do customers have the ability to update their auto-ship products on the fly?

I'm not sure I fully understand this one, could you please elaborate further? Customers buying coffee should be able to change their own order status?

Thanks.

• codegreen

@Timothy Thank you for the response to my inquery!

MarketPress can't current set the order status automatically, except to "Paid" when paid online.
    Out of interest, what when an order is shown as shipped and it gets missed? How would you envisage the system handle that?

Is there a hook/filter/way to allow more order statuses?

When the customer places the first order, it needs to be marked as an auto-ship order that has been paid. This would send an email to the manufacturer with the details needed to send the first order. the system would need to check for auto-ship orders every day, preferably early in the morning to report to the manufacturer of any recurring auto-ships. Whether that is done via cron job or some other means is fine, it just needs to happen. When the system finds eligible auto-ships it would need to automatically create an order for the customer as a paid order off of the original auto-ship order. These auto-ship orders need to be attached to the original auto-ship order for reporting purposes.

Customers can check their order status both with and with an account. (link is sent to email of customer)

It appears MarketPress creates wp users when customers create an account, is this correct?

I'm not sure I fully understand this one, could you please elaborate further? Customers buying coffee should be able to change their own order status?

Based on all your comments it would appear MarketPress does not support auto-shipments and with that customer cannot manage something that does not exist.

The way we envision auto-ship is a recurring monthly shipment of coffee without the intervention of the customer. Sort of a set it and forget it. We need to be able to charge the customer for their auto-ship without asking for credit card information. I already know MarketPress does not have Authorize.net CIM API available and I am prepared to write a gateway plugin for it unless it is available somewhere else.

On the flip side, customers should have the ability to cancel their auto-ship as well as either modifying the existing auto-ship OR canceling the auto-ship and creating a new one, which I prefer.

I hope I was able to provide enough information to determine if this is even POSSIBLE with the system. I really hope it is because we really want to use MarketPress as it was well written.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.