Auto Smush

Hi there, I'd like to know how to activate Autosmush, so that whenever I upload an image it will Smush it.
Also, how are the smushed files stored? Will I need to select those particular newly created files for the images on my site?
And also what happens if I uninstall SmushPro? Will the smushed images disappear and revert to their original size?

• Rupok

Hi Palmer, hope you had a wonderful day.

If you activate WP Smush Pro, and then go to "Dashboard > Media > WP Smush", from there you can enable "Automatically smush my images on upload" option. Moreover, from there, you can select "Make a copy of my original images" and smush will keep the original copy as backup so you can always revert back to original images. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

But WP Smush won't automatically revert to original images after uninstallation. So you can revert back to original images with Smush Pro, then deactivate/uninstall it.

You won't need to select those particular newly created files for the images on your site. Smush will backup original files to another location on your server, and use the same file name for optimized images. So optimized images will automatically be used in all places of your site.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.