auto update defender when new version comes out

hi,
Can you please consider adding a feature where you can select for defender auto update to the latest version when it comes out? As it is a security plugin this would be a major help. This is a feature that wordfence has and i've stanardized on defender for all my sites because it's simpler and much easier to use :slight_smile:

• Nastia

Hello cornelius_butler , I trust you are doing well today!

At this time only the WPMU DEV Dashboard has this features. By default, automatic background updates only happen for plugins and themes in special cases, as determined by the WordPress.org API response, which is controlled by the WordPress security team for patching critical vulnerabilities.

You can set auto update for all of your plugins by adding this code to the functions.php file of your current theme. Preferable to create a child theme and add it there:

add_filter( 'auto_update_plugin', '__return_true' );

In order to update the WPMU DEV plugins with this code above, add the following line to the wp-config.php file:
    define( 'WPMUDEV_APIKEY','API KEY HERE');

Replace the "API KEY HERE" with the WPMU DEV API key. You can find the API key from WPMU DEV > Manage > API KEY section:

I hope this will help!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.