Auto Updates in WPMU DEV error "Download failed. Bad Request"

When I attempt an auto update of the 5 available WPMU DEV Plugin Updates, they all fail with the error "Download failed. Bad Request"

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @gmikeb,

Hope you're well?

You have a lot of registered sites, does this occur on all your sites or on a particular domain only, if all, are they all on the same server?

Can you try de-activating the dashboard plugin, and then activate it again?

Could you grant support access from the dashboard plugin so we can take a closer look? See https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I have looked at your account on our side and there's nothing in there that could cause this. It could be a temp communication error between the servers though & might fix itself.

also, could you try disabling all other plugins except the dashboard plugin and our plugins & then try it, in case another plugin might be interfering with the dashboard plugin at all.

Thanks

• gmikeb
    • New Recruit

Hi,

All the domains are on the same server.

I de-activated the dashboard plugin and activated it again - same result.

I disabled all other plugins except the dashboard and WPMU DEV Plugins - same result.

I granted support access to the site.

Thanks for the assistance!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

That's strange, I have flagged @Aaron for some assistance with this for you as he's the developer of the dashboard plugin, but I can't see anything in your site or on our side that could be causing this, however Aaron will be able to check the server on our side, so might know something I don't.

Hopefully he should respond shortly.

Thanks

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Could you possibly ask your host if they have any firewall rules that might be preventing this from working.

We have checked our systems here and can't see any problems.

Does the security plugin add anything to wp-config.php & htaccess files on your site?

If so, could you disable the plugin and then remove those lines, so it's as though the plugin has never been installed, just checking to see if the security plugin you have might be causing it. But updates work fine from the normal wp.org repository. So something is definitely strange there.

Thanks

• gmikeb
    • New Recruit

Thank you for assisting me!

Today I planned to follow the suggestions from Vaughan, but first tried the updates again and they all worked. I then activated each of the 5 plugins one at a time and everything was fine until I activated the Membership 2 plugin. I would get a fatal error message on all sites. I moved it from the plugins folder and all is fine. Moved it back and the error returned. I still don't know what caused the original problem, but since the Membership plugin was being used for only one site I'll revisit the issue when I have more time to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.