autoblog add-ons missing

i went to the database and cleaned up some plugins data, and now i went to reinstall the autoblog plugin and the add-ons option is missing.

do i first completely remove the autoblog plugin from database and then reinstall? how do i proceed?

thank you.

• aecnu

Greetings online,

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

do i first completely remove the autoblog plugin from database and then reinstall?

That may work very well indeed, and of course you made a backup of your database prior to making these changes just in case things go wrong?

Murphy's Law, Rule #1, Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Usually trying to reinstall a plugin without removing its database entries more often then not turns out to be fruitless unless it was corrupted files or incomplete files to begin with.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

you are correct, but i have over 50 plugins and some i do not use and a lot of them leave orphans data.

autoblog is definitely a dream tool but i may have mistaken clear some data in the database.

i tried to reinstall the autoblog plugin but its not complete, missing the add-ons options.

how do i completely remove it from database so i can have a clean install again? i don't know which tables to touch.

thanks again.

• aecnu

Greetings online,

Thank you for the additional feedback and questions, they are appreciated and keep me employed :stuck_out_tongue:

how do i completely remove it from database so i can have a clean install again?

The main table would be wp_autoblog or similar if you have changed the prefix.

Then the next thing to do would be to use something like myPHPadmin from you hosting control panel to search for any other entries relating to Autoblog.

I would personally enter into the search autoblog and choose all the tables for the search.

btw, is there a plugin to track down orphan data in database from deleted plugins?

Oh this would certainly be a dream plugin if possible. I have found this to apply to specific plugins that do indeed keep orphaned data from the database, but it only relates to that plugin.

Please advise how we are making out with Autoblog.

Cheers, Joe

autoblog is great.

i am trying to pull all data (post format types audio,video,status,image) from subdomain to main domain.

it only pulls content or title depending on how it was posted on subdomain. no image and sometimes youtube embed.

also note there is an option to "post format for new posts" (audio,video,status) but it does not work for me however the categories works.

i am using status,autoblog, and tag rss plugins. preferably it would be great if a subdomain status plugin update their blog it can be rss to the main blog with the same post format. possible?

do you have a better solution? i probably set this up wrong. i also tried the global recent post. it works perfect but only display links on page, can the global recent post display "post format video,audio,status,image" how it is also display on subdomain?

• aecnu

Greetings online,

Thanks again for your continual constructive input, you know it is appreciated :slight_smile:

it only pulls content or title depending on how it was posted on subdomain. no image and sometimes youtube embed.

This would certainly be the case because this is all it has access to. It can only pull the data provided to it by the feed which is a creation of the post itself.

also note there is an option to "post format for new posts" (audio,video,status) but it does not work for me however the categories works.

I believe this is because this is related once again to the feed, the feed itself is not a video feed exclusively etc. but of course there are categories and the category feed would indeed be in the category format.

i am using status,autoblog, and tag rss plugins. preferably it would be great if a subdomain status plugin update their blog it can be rss to the main blog with the same post format. possible?

With coding almost anything is possible Online. The only limit is the idea and the skill of the coder. Of course there can be some hardware limitations but these can for the most part be easily overcome.

do you have a better solution?

Not that I know of and since Barry added the images option it became the bomb.

can the global recent post display "post format video,audio,status,image" how it is also display on subdomain?

Unfortunately no not out of the box and not without recoding and this is not its intended use by the developer.

Have you tried setting up the ones on the sub sites to the format that you desire and then importing them via categories?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

yes, tried importing them to selected categories with correct format but getting mixed results because still trying to find the right combination from original post to new post via rss.

images added was definitely a plus, can video be added? feature request +1 :slight_smile:

another option is having additional formats like photos,videos,status to "recent global posts feed", currently it only displays the link :slight_smile:

having both would be great.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.