Autoblog and Protected Content

Installed Autoblog and it worked like a charm (love it). My goal is to create a membership based site. Installed Protected Content and began tests. Couldn't Protect Categories (Category Protection enabled), each time I applied protection Protected Content , the categories unchecked themselves. Tried adding a new feed in Autoblog and the feed was added but nothing is posting. Deleted all posts and emptied trash and began Processing feeds again and ensured that Membership was enabled under Post Types for Autoblog. Nothing processing/posting. A bit stuck.

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Bradley, hope you're well today!

You should be able to protect specific categories with Protected Content and using Category Protection add. It really also depends on your autoblog settings, are you adding posts from feed in a specific category or using their own categories? You can find those settings in Autoblog >> All Feeds in that feed in Taxonomies, see screenshot.

Please let me know.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Bradley

Thanks Bojan! So I've tried both Page Protection and Category Protection. I've noticed that with Page Protection activated, the 'Treat Feed Category As:' under Taxonomies can't be selected. But the big issue/conflict I'm encountering is with Autoblog not posting. I deleted and emptied the trash and no new posts are feeding in. The problems only began after I installed Protected Content. Before then, I had run some experiments to post from feeds and deleted and re-posted. I'm attempting to switch the add-ons off one by one until I hit the problem/solution. I'm hoping it isn't a theme conflict, but I'm focusing on the 2 plugins for now and will look at theme if I keep hitting a wall. Any help you can give Bojan, I really appreciate it! Cheers from down-under! B.

• Bradley

@bondzany - I started from scratch (complete delete of WP and DB from my Siteground hosting site and complete reinstall of theme and plugins) and it seems the issue still exists. As soon as Protected Content is installed and activated, Autoblog stops submitting feed items to Posts. I've checked the DB using myPHPAdmin and the posts are there but not showing up in WP Posts. In the AB Dashboard, it is also recording the posts from the feeds but that's it. I'm at a loss. I'm using Stripe and would prefer to stick with it. Is MembershipPro Stripe ready? Has anyone had any luck using Autoblog and MembershipPro OR Protected Content together without issue? What am I missing??? I'm sure there's a logical solution. Thanks - Brad

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again @Bradley,

I've tested this on my installation with protected content and autoblog and I've managed to get it to work without any issues with posts being assigned to certain category. I've had Category Protection activated and assigned membership level to that category.

I've also tried using manual process and scheduled one. In both cases feed was properly added into the subsite with Protected Content.

Would you mind granting us temporary admin access so we can see this in action and run few tests? You can find more info on how to do that by following this link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

You might want to check this link, it has standard troubleshooting flow so if you're uncomfortable with something from the flow chart please let us know.

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.