[Autoblog] Autoblog not importing image

This is a website for a youth organization. Autoblog is not pulling in the images from one feed. The feed is from https://www.navalhistory.org and instead of the image, I get a white box. My issue is two-fold. I am not sure why I am not getting images from this one feed. I also was wondering if it would be possible to make the white box transparent? I do get items that have no image and I would rather see the background image for the page section than the white box. Any thoughts?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Joe J

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I assume that the feed that you're using is this one:

https://www.navalhistory.org/feed

I have checked that feed and it doesn't actually include images. Autoblog can only import images if they are included in feed content but if they are not, it cannot access the original article and "scrap" it from there. In this case, there's no images in the feed and that's why they are not imported.

As for the "white box", can you share a link to a place on your site where I could see it? It would also be great if you could enable support access to the site so I could take a closer look to see why it happens. To do this, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end, click on "Grant Support Access" button there and let me know here.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Joe J

Thanks for letting me know about the feed. However, it's still the same feed, even if it goes through feedburner (I also checked it again to confirm) and it doesn't include any images. So, in case of this particular feed, there won't be any images fetched, I'm afraid.

As for this "white box". I checked the site and a couple of articles fetched from the feed in question, as well as some other articles on site to compare, but I'm still not sure what white box do you you mean. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something pretty obvious here. Could you please share a screenshot showing such a white box? That would help a lot :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Joe,

It seems that this is how the theme was designed to work, if the post doesn't have featured image assigned it will display default blank image that it pulls from theme files:
    /wp-content/themes/zerif-lite/images/blank-latestposts.png

We could assist you with hiding the images with some CSS but this wouldn't be the best approach as the SEO crawlers with still see that the image is on the page but is hidden via CSS and might penalize your site due to this.

I would suggest getting in touch with theme developers about this and ask them how can you completely disable featured images in that section if the post doesn't have it assigned.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.