Autoblog - Can I leave The Starting From Date Blank?

I want to get ALL of the entries from a product feed. The earliest product was entered in 2015. The farthest year in the Starting Date section is 2016.
Can I leave the starting from date empty and expect to eventually get the entire product feed?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Deryk,

Yes, in that case it will just continue processing the feed as often as you have it set to for the "process this feed" option.

The important part will be leaving the "Import the most recent" option to just "posts", then it will import as many as it can.

The start and end date relate to when the feed starts processing and when it no longer processes the feed, it doesn't have anything to do with the dates of the posts that it is importing, not sure if that was clear or not.

If you run into any issues with that or have further questions then just let us know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Deryk

Uugh. this is so frustrating. I guess I am going to have to figure out another way to do this. I have the feed set up to pull 50 at a time from a feed that is 389 products strong. It pulls 50 the first time, then on it's next run it comes back with "Feed processing was finished. No new items were imported".
    I even downloaded the feed as static and put it at https://intimatetickles.com/shop-feed/feed.xml so that it would be faster access. no dice. The plugin will no go beyond the first # it is designated to pull. Set is at 100, it pulls the first 100 on the first run and then goes no further (no new items) on subsequent runs.
    Uuugh!

• Tyler Postle

Deryk,

You will want to make sure it is set to just "posts", no specific number. Especially for the first process because on the first process it will go back as far as it can go and then after that it will continue pulling as many new posts as it finds, if it finds any. Since you left it at a limit of "50", it stopped at 50 and will only process new threads after that 50.

Sorry, I realize now you were asking that earlier and my first reply didn't really address that part.

Set is at 100, it pulls the first 100 on the first run and then goes no further (no new items) on subsequent runs.

Yes, so set it to just "posts" now and process the feed again.

Assuming you don't run into any memory issues it, it should pull in all the posts that it hasn't already pulled.

I tested this on my own install and I was able to pull in over 300 posts in one process from your feed you linked above.

If that doesn't work then can you grant support access so we can take a closer look?

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Grant Support Access.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.