autoblog content SEO value vs the SEOMOZ errors/warnings

Hi,

I've begun to question the vaule of using Autoblog to collect RSS feed content. I realize Autoblog is not responsible for the quality of the RSS Feed content. I've tried unsuccessfully to change the titles to remove the dups using Infinite SEO and Ultimate SEO, but I'm still working on this. It would be nice it Autoblog addressed this somehow.

SEOMOZ detects 1000s of errors and warnings for my Autoblog RSS Feed sites. Many of these are related to dup title and content.

Certainly, I have no text/keyword control over these feeds, so they are not helping optimize the site for keywords.

I think I am better off removing the Autoblog content and worrking to optimize the site, then coming back later to see if I can make better use of such feeds. BTW, I have eliminated my BP activity log because of such errors too.

Any opinions?

Larry

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry,

I have no comment regarding the SEO Moz errors but I do have some info regarding the duplicates.

You are absolutely right that we cannot control the quality of the feeds.

I believe I have found the solution to the duplicate posts problem ..... Super Post Cleaner plugin

This looks like it will do the job automatically of ensuring you do not get duplicate posts using Autoblog.

If you choose to try it, please let me now how it works.

Looking forward to hearing from you concerning this possible duplicate post solution.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I don't think they are 100% duplicate posts, but some content and the titles are duplicated, which is why I was trying to control them with Infinite SEO and Ultimate SEO.

Only good can come from eliminating duplicate posts, so I will give it a try.

Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I made a quick test of adding two posts with the same title.
    1). The second test post simply disappeared, no notification after I saved it just gone.
    2). I created a test post on a second site and it saved ok, then I created a post with a dup title and it too was gone after I saved it.

It seems to work to eliminate posts with duplicate titles within a site.

Regards,
    Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

So I deleted my most offensive Atuoblog site, but it has not gone away!

Now when I try to link to one of these old posts sends me to my home page. I tested this when my latest SEOMOZ crawl shows these old posts remain as errors. How do I make these go away?

Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

My mistake, sorta. The SEOMOZ report I was looking at had not refreshed after the spider crawl, so it was an old report. Anyhow, not an Autoblog issue.

More importantly, I still question the SEO value of these Autoblog RSS sites. Even if they attract a surfer, will it inspire them to go to any of my pages to look at *my* content? Maybe some times, but I think this is wishful thinking.

Since I can't seem to control the dups in content for titles and such, I think I will delete them for the time being and come back at a later time when and if I can figure a better way for them to help me with the SEO of my site. At this point all the SEO type errors are just making things more difficult to optimize my content.

If someone has any tips on how to better use Autoblog RSS content, I's appeciate it.

Regards,
    Larry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.