Autoblog Feature Image Import Not Working

Hey Team,

I am using the Autoblog plugin but cant seem to get it to import a feature image. I have tried multiple RSS feeds and tried many different options (use media tag, use first image, use last image etc).

I have granted access to my site, could you please take a look and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks kindly.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Ryan,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I could also replicate this issue on my own site. I am marking it as confirmed bug and notifying the developer so it could be fixed in the future version of this plugin. I am sorry but I am unable to provide an ETA of when exactly it will be fixed and released. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Ryan
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Sajid,

Thanks for checking in on that for me. Some other things to note are that my host is iPage, but have also tried this option on my DigitalOcean LEMP stack with no luck there either. I have not tried to run this on a standard theme.

Do you know if anyone using WPMU Dev tools is currently experiencing the same issues?

Thanks

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Ryan

I hope you are doing well today.

I tested this on my site, but I can't reproduce this, the feature images were added as they should be. The Featured Image add-on was deactivate on your site, however, once I activated it the features images still wasn't inserted.

I tested on my site the same feeds that you are using.

Please run a quick check for a conflict with another plugin or theme.

Deactivate all other plugins and test if the add-on is working and feature images are added. If everything is well, activate one plugin at a time to find the one that causes this.

Follow the flowchart from our Getting Support manual:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let us know how it went.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Ryan

I tested each feed URL you have on my site. The SmashingMag, does insert a featured image, however, it grabs a specific image each time. The image is posted below:

The Buzzfeed feed also inserts a featured image. I can't find any system differences between your server and mine, except of the WordPress version. Would you please update the WordPress and try again?

If this will not solve this, please send to us your credentials so we could have a closer look?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: “Attn: Nastia”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Select “I have a different question” for your topic

Make sure to write in the subject “Attn: Nastia” so it gets assigned to me.

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Ryan , I hope you are doing well today!

My apologies for late reply, I had forwarded your credentials to a developer and was waiting for an update.

Turns out the your server don't have installed GD2 or Imagemagick, this is why the images are not inserted in the Featured Image section

Please contact with your host provider and ask them to install GD2 or Imagemagick package. Once its installed this issue should be fixed.

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Ryan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Nastia,

I checked with my host and this was their response.

The GD library that is installed on our servers is version - 2.1.0.
    We also have ImageMagick binaries installed on our server. The ImageMagick Path to the "convert" binary is /usr/local/bin/convert . The path for ImageMagick is /usr/local/lib/ImageMagick.

Does this help in any way? Also to note, I did try the plugin on another server and it did work correctly.

Thanks

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Ryan , I hope all is well today!

I've flagged a second level support to have a closer look at your site. It looks like your server is might be blocking the plugin from inserting feature images.

Would you please let us know what is your hosting provider?

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Ryan , I hope you are doing well today!

My apologies for the delay here, the developer response takes more time then the usual staff response because they are dealing with more complex tasks daily.

I have pinged the second level support again, I hope they will look at this as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Ryan,
    Hope you are doing good today!

I got the response from the developer and here is what he says.

Some of the feeds the member is trying to import from contain posts where their images have masked urls for protection.

In such case they can't be used as featured images.

I have tried for example Mashable's feed http://mashable.com/feed/
    and featured images were set correctly on member's site

So the plugin is working just fine, the issue is with your feeds that have masked images, those can't be imported and attached as featured image.

Take care and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.