Autoblog fetch featured image from wordpress blogs

Is it possible in Autoblog to fetch the featured image from wordpress blogs?

Right now I have :
- general regionsite
- subregionsite 1
- subregionsite 2
- subregionsite 3
- subregionsite 4
- subregionsite 5

Those are all build in wordpress. I just would love to post the blogs of the subregionsites with the featured image on the general regionsite. So that on my regionsite blogspage also the feature images are showing :slight_smile:
Is this possible (eventual with a workarround?)

Thanks in advance,
Nancy

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Nancy,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great question.

The Autoblog add ons section indeed states:

Featured Image Import
    Imports any images in a post to the media library and attaches them to the imported post, making the first one a featured image.

But it is not clear if in fact the featured images are included as part of the Imports any images in a post

What is your experience with this?

Has it indeed pulled in the featured images as well?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Dutch Pixel Design
    • New Recruit

Thanks for you reply,

I see it indeed in the screenshots of the pluginpage.

But I don't have that function :wink: I downloaded the plugin yesterday

My screenshot --> http://screencast.com/t/jdKNSBXN

But if I understand it right, it takes an image who was in the blogpost itself and makes in into an featured image. So that means that it won't take the featured image from a wordpress blog and leaves it as a featured image in the new site?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dutch Pixel Design and Happy New Year!

Thank you for the clarification and the screen shot.

For goodness sake what version of AutoBlog plugin are you using?

As you can see in my screen shot below I have more options then this - before and after the latest release.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Dutch Pixel Design
    • New Recruit

Thanks for your reply!

All the best for 2013!

I just downloaded the plugin from the pluginpage several times :slight_smile: Installed it, and removed it because your screenshot showed much more opties I downloaded and installed it again. Same problem

137239_autoblog-3.9.4.zip -> I downloaded it from the pluginpage 3 days ago.

Do you have the right pluginfile for me ? :smiley:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dutch Pixel Design,

Thank you for letting me know and I do not know if it is a cached page on your computer or what but when I checked the download and the link from the Autoblog plugin home page I get version 3.9.5.1

In any event, here is a direct link for your convenience:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/download/237354275_autoblog-3.9.5.1.zip

Please update and let me know if that indeed does the job for us.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi there,

I noticed that we are still waiting for a response from you, have you managed to solve this? please let us know how you are getting on or if you need any further help or if in fact the problem is now solved.

Cheers, PC

• Fanus van Straten
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

aecnu - It seems like when one activates Featured Image Import it only uses images from within the post content but not the actual featured image of the original post itself.

Therefore if a post's content contains no images but a featured image it does not import the featured image as a featured image in the new blog.

Any suggestions?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Fanus van Straten,

Thank you for the great question but what about when the Featured Image Import Imports any images in a post to the media library and attaches them to the imported post, making the first one a featured image. which is intended use.

Note: it states that it takes the images from the post and makes the first one the featured image.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.