Autoblog - help and/or feature request

I was hoping someone could tell me how to set multiple categories for each feed in Autoblog?

Quite urgent, thanks in advance.

• Lifebrightener
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

i would love that too
    Tim

How is the Autoblog working for YouTube vids, I am even having problems with vids working one day, then being stripped away the next after putting them into the slide show and bucket areas of the Product theme. I thought I would be good so long as I am using the additional tags plugin.

?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I am even having problems with vids working one day, then being stripped away the next after putting them into the slide show and bucket areas of the Product theme.

Are you going into the editing area of each post? As the wp editing content area has a habit of removing some embeds if it is set to the visual option.

I agree with limiting to one category ore feed really, have you thought of categorizing using tags instead?

• Lifebrightener

I have yet to figure out how to configure the darn AutoBlog for the RSS feed for a YouTube. I would love to see an example of how someone does it. I cannot even find a RSS button on YouTube for any of playlist that I want to use, let alone punch out video post correctly.

I love the new demonstration video's, but my question is, why didn't the powers to be show how to put in an RSS feed address?

You are killing my time when I have to chase down details that should be in the documentation.

Since time is money, I would appreciate you stop burning it.

Now, Dev gang. You say that AutoBlog just works! Well how well? Will you please spell out a recipe for success on how to post out these video feeds, as opposed to this forum fretting around?

I feel that we are on the verge of victory here, but just need one of you guru's to bring us up to speed, in a step-by-step fashion.

Thanks,
    The blind

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I have yet to figure out how to configure the darn AutoBlog for the RSS feed for a YouTube.

WPMu filters as it imports and removes the embeds. (edit: Actually wpmu removes all embeds, even if you type it in manually.) That's probably why the docs don;t cover it. You're asking for something that's going to require a core edit.

I flipped through the plugin and I don;t see a config anywhere for the change. I do see simplepie being used so I;m going to assume that it just uses the built in rss function.

Someone else more knowledgeable is going to have to look at this htough. Looking at the filters, I don;t see where kses comes into play with embeds in rss. At least it;s not listed:

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-includes/default-filters.php#L157

Or am I completely off?

edit: Googling isn;t pulling anything up about removing the kses filter from processing rss. Too many sites have a RSS feed so Google returns every reference mentioning kses. 20 pages back and I;m not finding anything.

• Lifebrightener

I don't know. I have been out of the programing game for decades now. Can't we combine "additional tags" with "autoblog" and then restrict "additional tags" in some way; like to a "autoblog" master userid?

If we get this toy running correctly, we are talking about millions of dollars gang.

HELP GENIUS- where are you?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@Lifebrightener - give us an example of a feed that isn't working for you and we can see what's happening.

As drmike says - WP strips out a lot of embeds by default, so you may have to install an unfiltered html plugin as well that stops it doing that.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.