Autoblog: Move Source Link to post header

The source link works but it places the link at the bottom of the post. I need to move it to the top of the post where the author, date and category are displayed. Is this in the autoblog code or in the theme code?
Thank you much!
-Sean

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Sean,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for contacting us!

You should be able to place the original URL anywhere in the post template with this piece of code: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-show-url-source-link-from-autoblog-plugin#post-470835

I linked to the whole thread just in-case you wanted to read up on how they got to that point. Perhaps it will make more sense that way :slight_smile:

You should be able to place that in your single.php - I believe it will only put out the link itself, so you will need to wrap it in some html if you want to customize it a bit further.

Let us know if you still need any further help on top of that! More than happy to assist.

Have a great rest of your day.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Sean
    • New Recruit

Thank you for the quick response. I am a bit of a novice and need a bit more. I read the thread. Where exactly would I place the code? I am unable to find single.php
    The thread references placing the code in the append text to post add-on but I am unable to find the location to allow this to insert in the header.

I will need a bit more direction, I apologize.
    -Sean

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Sean

I hope you are well today.

Please use the following code in your theme's footer.php after wp_footer():

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(function($) {
      var obj = $('.single-post .entry p:last-child').find('a');
      if( obj.attr('target') == '_blank' ) {
        $('<p class="meta">' + obj.html() + '</p>').appendTo(".metapost");
      }
    });
    </script>

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Daniel

You will need a different code I believe.

However it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster.

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for you.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thanks
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.