autoblog move to another WP install

Hi - I've got autoblog on one install - I want to copy it over to another install with all the feeds intact. What's the easiest way to do this? ?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Cratar,

Thank you for this great question.

What's the easiest way to do this?

I would have to say setup the plugin on the new site as normal and then duplicate the first sites data in the database table wp_autoblog changing the site ID to the copies to the new site.

To help ease the pain and assist dealing with copying tables in the database, I offer you to download in what is in my opinion the greatest Database Management software of all time Navicat

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Cratar
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

hi

I never got the notification of this response - so I ended up manually retyping all the autoblogged feeds in again and setting them up.

BUT - NONE of them are working... When I do a test I get the following:

Feed Testing Results
    Notice: I have already imported the first post in the feed "XXXXXXX" so I would have stopped processing.

XXXXXXX - being the name of the blog post from that person's particular feed.

How do I fix this?

Thank you
    Taryn

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Taryn,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the duplicate feed entries.

Can you please give me a summary of exactly what you did to try to get the new site going with the same feeds.

You created the sub site and ....

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Cratar

Hi

I moved from homeschool-hub.com to homeschoolhub.co.za

Because the homeschool-hub.com site was a bit messed up, I just moved across the xml files and did everything else pretty much from scratch.

the xml files brought across all my old posts, including the autoblogged ones, and the categories etc.

I uploaded a fresh autoblog plugin, and then manually set up the feeds again for each of the contributors to the homeschoolhub.co.za page.

That's it -

so, any ideas???

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Taryn,

Thank you for you additional input, it is appreciated.

Sorry for the delay in a reply, it appears that this ticket got away from me in the back of the ticket system.

From what I can tell reading this ticket the last item is that something is telling you:

Notice: I have already imported the first post in the feed "XXXXXXX" so I would have stopped processing.

Is this still the issue and you cannot get past this?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Cratar

Hi Joe

Yes, when I click on "test" for any of the feeds I get the following notice:

Feed Testing Results
    Notice: I have already imported the first post in the feed "XXXXXXXXXXXXXX" so I would have stopped processing.

Can't get past it.

• Cratar

what do you mean? forcing a feed process? or manually setting up an imported feed as opposed to transferring it across from the old database?

I've forced the feed - same results.
    I did manually set up all my feeds again - the content of the feeds from the previous site came with the XML import. But I had to reset up the autoblog feeds

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Taryn,

Thank you for the additional input clearing the air on trying to force the feed and that you had the same results.

You may after making a backup of you database with a tool similar to Snapshot plugin, want to use something like phpMYadmin in your hosting control panel to manipulate the table wp_autoblog which keeps track of your feeds.

Possibly even completely emptying the table and then test forcing a manual feed - and have your backup ready if things go wrong.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @Cratar,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.