autoblog not copying the right information from another multisite site

I have a multisite with main and 1 subsite. I wanted to autoblog posts in the subsite 1 and copy to main site.

When it copies it does not copy the media library links properly.

I am using WP Offload S3 Lite plugin. This puts media out on AWS s3.
Any site on the multisite seems to work fine if the post is created in the site.
Plugin Cloner works correctly copying all the images.

Autoblog fails to copy the media and set feature images as they appear on the original site.

When you edit a post on the original sub site you see the feature image. When you edit the post on the main site no feature image is set and the image is NOT in the media library.

This link http://ovo.li/YPpftx shows 1 image in the media library. Notice the links marked by red.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Lee,

I'm checking your autoblog feed settings and Featured Image Import add-on is not activated and configured at all.

Activate add-on "Featured Image Import" and then you will have options for images in your feed settings. The set "Find the first image within content of a feed item" and this image will be used as featured image

Let me know how it works for you. I did a quick test with your feed on my site and images were imported without problem.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Lee

Thank you for pointing out the addons. I thought importing a FULL post got all of it text, media etc. guess not.

I was not able to come up with a combination that really works correctly. Right now I am using "External Permalinks" addon to get close to duplicating site with out a bunch of extra work to figure out the issues.

Using Autoblog I was not able to get the embedded youtube videos from subsite 1 to the main site.
    If I edit a post I don't see the video embed links so I don't know where that info is stored and it seems Autoblog does not either.

example:

Viewing page source in browser:
    <iframe width="1165" height="655" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J_BOeHOGrng?feature=oembed&autoplay=0&showinfo=0&rel=0&autohide=1&controls=1&fs=1&theme=&hl=en-us" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><p>At a rally on Saturday in Pennsylvania, as his tax records were being released, Mr. Trump mocked Mrs. Clinton’s bout of pneumonia and warned the audience about possible voter fraud.</p>

viewing text block in edit page:

At a rally on Saturday in Pennsylvania, as his tax records were being released, Mr. Trump mocked Mrs. Clinton’s bout of pneumonia and warned the audience about possible voter fraud.

The iframe does not show in the post to be edited. Autoblog does not seem to pick up the embed info.

• Nithin

Hi Lee,

Hope you are doing good today.

If I edit a post I don't see the video embed links so I don't know where that info is stored and it seems Autoblog does not either.

It seems like the Youtube Feed Import addon is disabled. I tested the above iframe in your previous reply in my test server, and it seems to pick the videos once the add-on is enabled.

If you still have issues with images, you could also try the media option, and check whether it helps:

Please advise if I had missed out anything, and let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Lee,

Hope you are doing good today.

Autoblog plugin is more of a RSS reader, and not a scrapper. I'm afraid, the Adsense scripts are not likely to be imported. As a workaround, could try the Disable Sanitization addon, and make sure to enable the Disable Sanitization option in the feeds setting, and check whether it works.

Regarding videos, the Autoblog plugin should grab the embedded code, but it seems like at the moment, it only works with the Youtube importer addon(only adds video to the post, doesn't upload) for Youtube videos. I'm pinging the developer asking to give a look, and check whether this is by design, and if possible, provide a quick workaround to grab all embeded videos.

Will keep you posted once I get an update regarding this. Please advise if I had missed out anything, have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Mahlamusa

Hello Lee,

I hope you are having a great day so far. I am very sorry for the delay with regards to this issue.

Autoblog was designed not to import embedded videos due to the fact that most of them use the '<iframe></iframe>' tag, the problem is that this tag can be hijacked or hacked easily to display content from another website instead of the intended source website. So for security, all '<iframes>' are forbidden until you enable them manually. The 'YouTube Feed Importer' addon was built only to allow iframes from youtube, that is why it was not allowing vimeo and other video services to be embedded.

I have extended the functionality of the youtube addon and created a new addon called 'Video Feed Importer" which will give you the flexibility of allowing embeds from any video service like Vimeo and others. All you have to do is activate this addon and enter the host names of the video services you want to allow, by default this comes with YouTube and Vimeo enabled but you can add as many services as you would like to support.

The addon is attached as a zip file, you have to download and unzip the downloaded zip file, then upload the enclosed 'video.addon.php' file to your website at the following location:

'/wp-content/plugins/autoblog/autoblogincludes/addons/

After uploading, go to your WordPress admin, click on "Autoblog > Addons", select and activate the "Video Feed Import" addon as seen below:

Once activated, got to "Autoblog > Video Services" and update the host names of the services you want to embed from, add as many as you like and click "Save" to update.

Once all that is done, you may process your Autoblog feed and it should import and automatically embed iframes whose source domain is any of the host names you entered on the "Video Services" page. YouTube and Vimeo should be imported without the need to add their host names as they are already there.

Please find the attached zip file which contains the addon to be uploaded to your website. Please note that this is not yet scheduled for inclusion in the next update and it is not the official video addon but should be enough to help you embed from any video service you would like to embed from.

If you need help uploading the addon to your website, please let us know.

I hope you enjoy your day further.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa