Autoblog number of processing post bug

When you add a feed with filtering "Any of these words" also with "Import the most recent" option only 1 post. It does not add the post. Probably it's because Autoblog just checks the first post that contains filtering words. But it should check all posts and get the first which contains filtered words? Am I wrong?

  • Lindeni Mahlalela

    Hello Robert

    I hope you are doing great today. Thank you for the question and thank you for your patience while we were looking into this.

    I have tested the behavior of the plugin and then checked its code and found that Autoblog uses a WordPress core function:

    fetch_feed( mixed $url )

    Which only takes the URL of the feed and get all the content from that feed. The content from the feed is then passed to other functions in the plugin for processing. The plugin filters the list of entries to get the entries that match the filter.

    So if the option "Import the most recent (1 added posts)" is selected, the plugin will get all the content from the feed and then it should check if the any of the posts in the feed match the filter. If one post matches the filter it must add it to the list, otherwise it must continue filtering the posts from the feed until it finds one that matches. I think you are right here that it actually checks the first post and exits, I have a clues as to where that happens in the code but will need further testing, if it is a bug one of us will fix it and update here otherwise I will let you know what I found during my tests.

    Thank you once again for reporting this issue, we will do some further testing and let you know what we found.

    Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

  • Ari

    Hey Robert,

    Hope you had a good day. Could you please follow the steps bellow and let me know if this fixes this issue for you:

    1: Download the attached zip file in your computer & upzip it. you will see a Cron.php file.
    2: From cPanel File Manager or from FTP go to this location: wp-content/plugins/autoblog/autoblogincludes/classes/Autoblog/Module
    3: you will see there a file named Cron.php, please rename it for backup purpose to Corn.php.txt.
    3: then add the new Cron.php file.

    It worked in my test site where I could replicate this issue. Please let me know if it's not fixed after replacing the file.

    Regards, Ari

  • Ari

    Hey Robert

    Hope you are well today!

    Nope it wasn't included in the future update.

    But I just talked about it with our developers, and they said it is a bug, so I added this fix now to our plugin, and forwarded this fix to our plugin developers for future release.

    I am attaching the new file with the fix here, so it reflect the latest updates too. So please replace that file with the newly attached on in this reply.

    Make sure you unzipped it first!

    Have a great day!
    Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.