AutoBlog Plugin not working with feeds entered

Hello,
We would like to auto post the blog from one of our client's websites into another of their websites. We installed autoblog and it is only pulling only 5 blog posts with only the headline from one feed and nothing from another feed.

The autoblog plugin can import the blog headline, text and featured image, correct?

I noticed one feed had images embedded in the blog posts but did not show the featured image. Please gives us your recommendation for the autoblog setup.

Also, we are having major issues with multi-language plugins that do not translate properly or break any website that a language plugin is activated. The highly rated WPML plugin did more damage to a website than other language plugins that have been tested.

Are there language plugins that you have had the most success?

At this point we just need English and French. We have tried to use 5-7 language plugins and the themes are compatible with language plugins.

We would greatly appreciate any support you could give for the autoblog and the multi-language.
Thanks!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @kohncreative, hope you're doing well today, and welcome to the WPMU DEV community! :slight_smile:

We would like to auto post the blog from one of our client's websites into another of their websites. We installed autoblog and it is only pulling only 5 blog posts with only the headline from one feed and nothing from another feed.

What are the feeds in question here? Have you checked to see if there were any errors upon importing the feeds inside the Auto Blog Dashboard?

The autoblog plugin can import the blog headline, text and featured image, correct?

Correct, though you would need to enable the Featured Image Import addon inside of Autoblog to import & set the featured image for a post.

Also, we are having major issues with multi-language plugins that do not translate properly or break any website that a language plugin is activated. The highly rated WPML plugin did more damage to a website than other language plugins that have been tested.

Are there language plugins that you have had the most success?

At the moment, WPML is the only plugin for which we have an integration with, though I would like to ask what kind of damage it caused on the site.

In the midst of all this, I would like to ask if you've noticed if there's a plugin (or perhaps the theme itself) conflicting here? (possible reason for the issue with importing feeds, as well as the WPML issues)

We've got a handy flowchart that you can follow, it's at the bottom of our Getting Support page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Please advise,
    Michael

• kohncreative

Hello Michael,
    No, there were not errors entering the feed into auto blog. Can you recommend a feed creator that you know works well with auto blog?

The theme developer states the theme is compatible with WPML. When the WPML plugin is installed, it clears all the website settings, company logo and custom CSS. As soon as the WPML plugin is deactivated, everything comes back. The support for the WPML plugin referred us to the community forums that was no help. Another language plugin creates the duplicate posts in the other language, but breaks the navigation on each website theme. We are running out of language translation options which is a problem. We were just hoping wpmudev have had success with language translation plugins.

If we can get auto blog working, that would be one out of two website tasks completed. These are the biggest challenges we have faced with Wordpress so far.

Thanks!

• Ash

Hello @kohncreative

I hope you are well today.

Can you recommend a feed creator that you know works well with auto blog?

Any standard blog feed should work with autoblog, e.g. https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/feed/

Would you please share a feed link that you are using?

About the translation issue, unfortunately we don't have any translation plugin. It seems the issue is with your theme. Did you try to contact the theme developer about this?

Cheers
    Ash

• kohncreative

Hi Ash,
    I got this feed to import into auto blog, but the feed does not include the featured image:
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/ImaWorldHealthBlog

Here is the actual blog the feed is created from:
    http://imaworldhealth.org/blog/

I am currently testing the auto blog on a older dev site:
    http://wssp2.kohndev.com/category/news-stories/

Do I need to redo the RSS feed an try to get the feed to include featured images?

Thanks,
    Craig

• Michael Bissett

Hey @kohncreative, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

Have you enabled the Featured Image Import add-on inside of Autoblog yet?What add-ons do you have enabled presently inside of Autoblog?

Also, what are the feed settings? Could you provide a screenshot of that please?

On my test site, when I import that feed, I'm seeing that a featured image is set for a post, when there's an image available inside of the post. (I'm using the Twenty Fourteen theme on my test site, try switching to that temporarily, to see if you're able to see a featured image for one of your posts)

Please advise,
    Michael

• kohncreative

Hi Michael,
    We have used every setting with the featured image import. The "find the first image" works, but that is not the featured image on the original blog posts.

We just switched to two other themes and nothing comes up on the blog page when we switch themes.

Attached is a screen shot of the auto blog settings.

http://wssp2.kohndev.com/category/news-stories/

There is another issue, but that could be a theme issue. The blogs should all be full width, but are showing a sidebar on the blog posts. If we go into edit and re-save, then the blogs show as full width.

If you have any suggestions on the setup for importing the featured image, then please let us know.
    Thanks!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @kohncreative,

In regards to that featured image issue, you may wish to try using this plugin on your site:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/featured-images-for-rss-feeds/

You may need to try the various settings again, just to make sure that Autoblog pulls the correct image, but that should do the trick here (WordPress doesn't include the featured image by default in a RSS feed).

In regards to this:

There is another issue, but that could be a theme issue. The blogs should all be full width, but are showing a sidebar on the blog posts. If we go into edit and re-save, then the blogs show as full width.

I'm not familiar with the Jupiter theme, but I'd check to see if there's some option inside the theme settings for a default layout for blog posts.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.