Autoblog pulls the original post and permalinks to OP.

I am pulling rss feeds from Breitbart News and the Washington Times. The articles come into my blog as "Pending" and when I "Edit" I can see the copy and it is editable as though the post was an original post of mine. There are two problems.

When I "Publish" the post and go to my homepage it shows up right where it is supposed to and from the homepage appears to be a "Curmudgeon" (blog name) post. When I click on the post to read it, the page that comes up is either Breitbart or WaTimes original page as though I had come in directly to their homepage and clicked on the post. There is nothing to indicate the Curmudgeon blog or our format and the Disqus comments are Brietbart or WaTimes with no ability to comment at my homepage.

Second, the permalink shown on the "Edit" page is a fixed permalink back to B or WT and it is not editable. I've activated the <b>Enable External Permalinks for Autoblog</b> add on, but it doesn't seem to be working.

A possible third issue that may be related to Autoblog, is that after activating Autoblog every post on the blog shows "Comments Closed". I don't know that this is related to Autoblog, other than the comments - both WP and Disqus - worked fine before I activated Autoblog.

I'd appreciate any help. The purpose of using Autoblog was to put news content up as news content with the ability for readers to comment on it at my blog. That's obviously not working.

• Ash

Hello @Michael

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You need to disable "Enable External Permalinks for Autoblog" add-on, then the post will be viewed in your site.

About the comment issue, if you disable the autoblog plugin, is it back? If not, please go to Settings > Discussion and make sure comment is not disabled.

Please let me know if you find this is helpful, or if you have any further questions.

Cheers
    Ash

• Michael

Please note that in my original post I noted that Enable External Permalinks for Autoblog is enabled.

I went back and disabled Autoblog, then I re-enabled it. All setting for AB are the same as before I disabled. When I go to "Edit" the permalink is still non-editable.

Comments are enabled in settings, they are still showing as closed with Autoblog disabled as well as re-enabled.

Could removing Autoblog and reinstalling it possibly address the permalink issue?

• Ash

Hi there,

Please note that in my original post I noted that Enable External Permalinks for Autoblog is enabled.

Yes, I saw that and that's why I requested you to disable that add-on :slight_smile:

About the comment issue, do you see comment disabled for imported posts all posts? Would you please go in edit posts (the post where comment is disabled) and make sure allow comments are checked in Discussion meta box?

Could removing Autoblog and reinstalling it possibly address the permalink issue?

I don't think so, let's do some troubleshoot first :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Michael

OK, you caught me being an idiot. :slight_smile:. I read the add on title and totally misunderstood it and then complicated things by reading what I wanted to see instead of what you said. My bad, sorry. (And I've been at this stuff long enough I should know better.)

That fixed the posting issue. Thank you.

A separate point on the posting, I have some posts that are pulling up with a picture at the top of the post (picture from the story) but no text at all. Most posts appear to be fine, but this seems to be happening on some. Any idea for that?

With respect to comments, they are still closed for all posts. I have two commenting features available on the blog, Jetpack and Disqus. There is no way to enable/disable Jetpack comments for the site, Disqus does have the site feature and it's enabled for the site.

I've gone into the Edit feature for several posts - published and unpublished, written/posted and Autoblogged - and I do not find a discussion link as you've shown for individual posts.

• Ash

OK, you caught me being an idiot. :slight_smile:. I read the add on title and totally misunderstood it and then complicated things by reading what I wanted to see instead of what you said. My bad, sorry.

Don't think in that way please. I do childish mistake sometimes, so it happens :slight_smile:

A separate point on the posting, I have some posts that are pulling up with a picture at the top of the post (picture from the story) but no text at all. Most posts appear to be fine, but this seems to be happening on some. Any idea for that?

In fact that depends on the feed that you are using to pull posts. Depends on how the feed is created. So, if there is no content in the feed, autoblog won't be able to pull the content, Note that, autoblog is able to read the feed only, not that site's database or all posts :slight_smile:

I do not find a discussion link as you've shown for individual posts.

Would you please go to edit a post and then click on Screen Options at top right, then you should see a check box for Discussion, check the box. Now the it should appear in edit post section. Please check screenshot.

Cheers
    Ash

• Michael

Late last night I deactivated Disqus in the current theme. I didn't run through the entire debug process.

When I deactivated Disqus the Jetpack comments feature works. Reactivate and it's "comments closed".

I've contacted Disqus tech support and am waiting to hear from them. I'll let you know what they say and if I haven't heard from them by this evening I'll run the full debug over the weekend.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.