Autoblog Questions

Question 1: Autoblog obviously has a lot of features. Is there a manual or detailed instructions somewhere?

Question 2: If the answer to #1 above is "no", then how do I output the result to a series of links within a widget? I have a third-party theme that does this rather well, but I was trying to do the same with Autoblog.

Question 3: Is there a way in Autoblog to input several feeds into one filter? pipes.yahoo.com does this, but there's some complaints with pipes and I'd prefer to do it at the plug-in level if possible.

Thanks!

• Tom Eagles

@Temporal Sales

Hi there thanks for interesting question. Let me try and tackle them one at a time :slight_smile:

1) Unfourtunately no, however the settings are pretty easy to work with and if you are not sure we can always help set it up for you, We are currently reworking a lot of plugins and the documentation is running a little behind.

2) This could be done by any widget displaying posts or pages, as with autoblog you can define whether it's a post or page you are importing and the type of excerpt. Then simply use a widget that displays which ever category feed you you are pulling the feed into. (i think this is what you meant please feel free to clarify this)

3) this plugin does what you require, unfortunately its not possible with autoblog at the moment as far as i know without some customisation.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-rss-multi-importer/

Hope this helps feel free to get back to me with any further questions.

Cheers

Tom

• PC

Hiya,

Thanks for posting on the forms.

Question 1: Autoblog obviously has a lot of features. Is there a manual or detailed instructions somewhere?

You can view the usage page here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog/#usage

Though the plugin is really easy to use, there are a few tips on that page to help you take care of initial setup.

We are in the process of updating the instructions so after viewing that page, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them and we will answer them for you :slight_smile:

Question 2: If the answer to #1 above is "no", then how do I output the result to a series of links within a widget? I have a third-party theme that does this rather well, but I was trying to do the same with Autoblog.

You can use Autoblog to post a certain feed in a certain category and then use a plugin like http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/category-posts/ to display it using a widget.

Question 3: Is there a way in Autoblog to input several feeds into one filter? pipes.yahoo.com does this, but there's some complaints with pipes and I'd prefer to do it at the plug-in level if possible.

The plugin does not have a feature like this, however if you are looking to post certain feeds to a certain category, that is quite possible with the plugin. You can also restrict the number of posts to be imported.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Temporal Sales

Thank you for recommending the WP RSS Multi Importer, although it was not your own product. That's what I was looking for.

Although it doesn't parse or filter the feeds, it's so flexible that I can achieve the desired effect by selecting which feeds / categories to display in each output widget.

Hopefully Autoblog will soon have similar capabilities plus the ability to filter a combined feed.

Thanks again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.