Autoblog – Show Duplicate Posts

Looking at my feeds and posts that are created, it appears that Autoblog is not posting duplicates of the same content.

I am trying to set-up numerous feeds from a job listing website of ours that posts jobs in different categories. Some job postings are assigned numerous categories due to the nature of the job position. When I try to create a feed for each of the different categories, Autoblog will not post anything that has previously shown in a different feed.

Is there a way around this behavior, possibly a modification to accept duplicate posts?

Thanks

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello there!

Have you tried to import without assigning to any particular category and treating the existing ones from the feed as categories?

This should assign the post to multiple categories if already assigned in the feed.

Even the posts you bring are not duplicated on the parent site, there is only one post with different categories attached, so the best way would be to follow through treating it as such on your site as well.

Could you give it a go? I'd like to know your results :slight_smile: I have a feeling it will work nicely!

Kimberly

If the above action did not result in the resolution or common end to this ticket then please feel free to come back here for comment. Just be sure you mark "Not Resolved" to re-open or we might miss it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

• semrocc
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi there, I gave it a go and unfortunately it didn’t work. Even after setting the feed to no assigned category as described, I keep getting this type of message when testing the feed:

Feed Testing Results

Notice: I have already imported the first post in the feed “name of post” so I would have stopped processing.

Do I need to set-up a MU system to get around this or is there possibly a simple mod to the plugin that can accomplish this?

Thanks

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

I did a bit of testing earlier and it seems that AutoBlog will not import a post more than once. So that means, no you can’t import a post more than once or create duplicates.

You’d need some custom code to get around it I’m afraid. I guess using a multisite would help but I”m not sure how you envision it working. Sorry, wish I had better news!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

I have a long shot that might work, but no promises!

1. create a multisite and have an extra site for feed dumps. then set up two feeds on every site to draw from the original source and the feed dump site.

2. set auto blog to to change the post date to Import date on the dump site.

3. Set the dump site feed to change the author of the post

4. set the dump site feed to not link back to source

5. see if you can change the perm links

Then set your sub site to pull from both the main site, and the dump site. Hopfully those little changes make a difference!

Best wishes!

• semrocc
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for the feedback, I will do some testing to see what can be done.

I definitely feel that this type of feature should be worked into a future release of the plugin. Giving the author the ability to display duplicate posts or not via the admin would give much more flexibility to the plugin.

As an example, I’m working on creating a mobile friendly version of a few WP installs. Some posts end up in different categories on the main site, so recreating the categories on the mobile site is a little tricky if posts are not being duplicated.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.